Long Island News
Funeral Monday for Long Island teen killed by subway
HAUPPAUGE, N.Y. (WABC) -- Funeral services are being held Monday for the Long Island teenager killed by a train on the Upper West Side.
Liam Armstrong was celebrating his 18th birthday with friends when he tried to cross the tracks at the 79th Street subway station.
He was fatally struck by an uptown No. 2 train.
Family and friends held a wake for Armstrong over the weekend.
long island, subway, long island news
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy 55 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent 6 min ago
- Man found shot to death in Bronx apartment
- Crash on Garden State Parkway leaves 1 dead, 2 hurt
- Bill would require equal access to tenant amenities
- Liam Neeson to tour stables amid carriage horse debate
- New measure to make child care more affordable
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight savings time wrong
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets 37 min ago
- Rangers top Red Wings 3-0 in Lundqvist's 300th win