Long Island News
Funeral Monday for Long Island teen killed by subway
HAUPPAUGE, N.Y. (WABC) -- Funeral services are being held Monday for the Long Island teenager killed by a train on the Upper West Side.
Liam Armstrong was celebrating his 18th birthday with friends when he tried to cross the tracks at the 79th Street subway station.
He was fatally struck by an uptown No. 2 train.
Family and friends held a wake for Armstrong over the weekend.
long island, subway, long island news
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall 16 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy and cooler 22 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at N.J. shopping center
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Oh my! NYPD's request for cop photos goes awry
- Metro-North to require sleep apnea evaluation
- One dead, another rescued in Long Island fire
- Not so fast! Palcohol not approved by federal government
- Passengers step up to help elderly man in bus brawl
- 13-year-old shooting victim released from hospital
- Hoax sends SWAT teams rushing to Long Beach house
- Brooklyn hit and run suspect identified by police
- AccuWeather: Windy and cooler
22 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos