Long Island News
Funeral Monday for Long Island teen killed by subway
HAUPPAUGE, N.Y. (WABC) -- Funeral services are being held Monday for the Long Island teenager killed by a train on the Upper West Side.
Liam Armstrong was celebrating his 18th birthday with friends when he tried to cross the tracks at the 79th Street subway station.
He was fatally struck by an uptown No. 2 train.
Family and friends held a wake for Armstrong over the weekend.
long island, subway, long island news
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Charges expected in fraternity death 25 min ago
- Nassau County police commissioner ousted
- Barrios-Paoli tapped to head health and human services
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Sandy victims turn year of loss into season of giving
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral
- Budget vote approved in the House
- Mandela interpreter says he was hallucinating
- Golden Globes nominations announced
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees
- Charges expected in fraternity death
25 min ago