Long Island News
Police: Long Island gas station robber strikes again
MINEOLA (WABC) -- A robber wanted for a string of gas station robberies on Long Island struck again over the weekend, according to police.
Surveillance video showed the latest robbery on Sunday morning.
The armed man stole cash and cigarettes from a Citgo gas station on Jericho Turnpike in Mineola.
Police believe this is the same suspect who robbed six stores in Nassau County last Thursday and Friday.
The stores were in Farmingdale, Levittown, Hicksville, Roslyn Heights, Flower Hill and Great Neck.
All the incidents happened between 3 and 4 in the morning.
The county police robbery squad canvassed the stores for witnesses and surveillance video.
Although the robber has threatened clerks, he has not fired a single shot, at least not so far.
No injuries have been reported.
long island, robbery, long island news
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man arrested for arson in Water Mill fire 11 min ago
- Dead body found in plastic container in Brooklyn
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- 2 killed in wreck on Southern State identified
- No hearts stolen on date, only NJ woman's dog, TV
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Man retrieving item from tracks hit by subway train