Long Island News
Police: Long Island gas station robber strikes again
MINEOLA (WABC) -- A robber wanted for a string of gas station robberies on Long Island struck again over the weekend, according to police.
Surveillance video showed the latest robbery on Sunday morning.
The armed man stole cash and cigarettes from a Citgo gas station on Jericho Turnpike in Mineola.
Police believe this is the same suspect who robbed six stores in Nassau County last Thursday and Friday.
The stores were in Farmingdale, Levittown, Hicksville, Roslyn Heights, Flower Hill and Great Neck.
All the incidents happened between 3 and 4 in the morning.
The county police robbery squad canvassed the stores for witnesses and surveillance video.
Although the robber has threatened clerks, he has not fired a single shot, at least not so far.
No injuries have been reported.
long island, robbery, long island news
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion 20 min ago
- AccuWeather: Still Some Slick Spots!
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Yonkers family jumps from window to escape fire
- Photos: 4 injured in Yonkers fire
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen
- Spring Valley police to announce arrest in Baby Angel case
- Black ice warnings as bitter cold sets in
- Police ID suspect in theft of 1-year old's earrings 42 min ago
- Mega Millions jackpot grows to $400 Million 8 min ago
- FDA pushes to get antibiotics out of meat
- LI pet store thief wanted for stealing puppy 59 min ago
- Interpreter at Mandela ceremony called a 'fake'