Long Island News
Police: Long Island gas station robber strikes again
MINEOLA (WABC) -- A robber wanted for a string of gas station robberies on Long Island struck again over the weekend, according to police.
Surveillance video showed the latest robbery on Sunday morning.
The armed man stole cash and cigarettes from a Citgo gas station on Jericho Turnpike in Mineola.
Police believe this is the same suspect who robbed six stores in Nassau County last Thursday and Friday.
The stores were in Farmingdale, Levittown, Hicksville, Roslyn Heights, Flower Hill and Great Neck.
All the incidents happened between 3 and 4 in the morning.
The county police robbery squad canvassed the stores for witnesses and surveillance video.
Although the robber has threatened clerks, he has not fired a single shot, at least not so far.
No injuries have been reported.
long island, robbery, long island news
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Man found shot to death in Bronx apartment
- Squatters flee fire in Paterson; 2 vacant buildings gutted 19 min ago
- Photos: Fire guts 2 vacant Paterson buildings 20 min ago
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight saving time wrong
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014