Long Island News
Wake held for teen struck by subway
HAUPPAUGE, N.Y. (WABC) -- A Long Island community mourned the death of a popular teenager killed when he tried to cross the subway tracks.
Family and friends gathered for a wake for Liam Armstrong at a funeral home in Hauppauge Saturday.
A funeral will be held Monday at Holy Cross Roman Catholic Church in Nesconset.
Armstrong died after being struck by an uptown No. 2 train at Broadway and West 79th Street on Tuesday.
He was in the city celebrating his 18th birthday with friends.
long island, subway, long island news
- Multi-car pileup on Gowanus Expressway in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: Chilly Wednesday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Photos: Massive car pileup on Gowanus Expressway
- LIE in Suffolk County reopens
- Family pushes for drug/alcohol testing after fatal accidents
- Blind man and dog rescued off subway tracks
- Photos: Blind man and dog fall on subway tracks
- EXCLUSIVE: Suspect arrested in 'knockout' assaults
- Short Hills Mall shooting: Funeral arrangements announced
- ACS workers reach plea deal in girl's death
- Jersey City reveals what was inside mysterious safes
- Anchorman 2 cast talks about much-anticipated sequel
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos