Long Island News
Wake held for teen struck by subway
HAUPPAUGE, N.Y. (WABC) -- A Long Island community mourned the death of a popular teenager killed when he tried to cross the subway tracks.
Family and friends gathered for a wake for Liam Armstrong at a funeral home in Hauppauge Saturday.
A funeral will be held Monday at Holy Cross Roman Catholic Church in Nesconset.
Armstrong died after being struck by an uptown No. 2 train at Broadway and West 79th Street on Tuesday.
He was in the city celebrating his 18th birthday with friends.
long island, subway, long island news
- Malaysia Airlines plane vanishes with 239 aboard
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ