Long Island News
Exclusive: String of gas station robberies
HICKSVILLE, N.Y. (WABC) -- Police on Long Island are searching for a suspect who allegedly robbed six gas stations at gunpoint.
The robber burst through the doors in the middle of the night.
It was 3:25 a.m. and he told the clerk he had a gun.
"You're on video," the clerk told him.
But the gunman ordered him to shut-up and empty the register.
The clerk handed over stacks of bills as the robber shifted back and forth on his feet.
And in a matter of seconds, it was over.
The robber backed up, nervously toward the door and then, made a run for it.
The service station's owner is furious and wants the robber caught.
From Farmingdale, the robber went on to a service station in Levittown and a 7-11 in Hicksville.
The night before, he struck in Roslyn Heights, Flower Hill and Great Neck.
He committed six armed robberies in just 24 hours.
All of them were between 3 and 4 in the morning.
The county police robbery squad canvassed the stores for witnesses and surveillance video Friday morning.
Although the robber has threatened clerks, he has not fired a single shot, at least not so far.
No one has been injured.
long island, robbery, long island news, n.j. burkett
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Man found shot to death in Bronx apartment
- Squatters flee fire in Paterson; 2 vacant buildings gutted 37 min ago
- Photos: Fire guts 2 vacant Paterson buildings 38 min ago
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight saving time wrong
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014