Long Island News
Exclusive: String of gas station robberies
HICKSVILLE, N.Y. (WABC) -- Police on Long Island are searching for a suspect who allegedly robbed six gas stations at gunpoint.
The robber burst through the doors in the middle of the night.
It was 3:25 a.m. and he told the clerk he had a gun.
"You're on video," the clerk told him.
But the gunman ordered him to shut-up and empty the register.
The clerk handed over stacks of bills as the robber shifted back and forth on his feet.
And in a matter of seconds, it was over.
The robber backed up, nervously toward the door and then, made a run for it.
The service station's owner is furious and wants the robber caught.
From Farmingdale, the robber went on to a service station in Levittown and a 7-11 in Hicksville.
The night before, he struck in Roslyn Heights, Flower Hill and Great Neck.
He committed six armed robberies in just 24 hours.
All of them were between 3 and 4 in the morning.
The county police robbery squad canvassed the stores for witnesses and surveillance video Friday morning.
Although the robber has threatened clerks, he has not fired a single shot, at least not so far.
No one has been injured.
long island, robbery, long island news, n.j. burkett
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Charges coming in death of Baruch College student, prosecutor... 2 min ago
- Barrios-Paoli tapped to head health and human services 32 min ago
- Fire burns through house in New Brunswick
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Golden Globes nominations announced
- Newtown school shooting vigils planned for Thursday
- Mandela interpreter says he was hallucinating
- George Bush writes letter to Alabama kicker after big loss
- Software engineer teaches homeless man how to code
- Photos: New Brunswick, New Jersey house fire
- Charges coming in death of Baruch College...
2 min ago