Long Island News
Exclusive: String of gas station robberies
HICKSVILLE, N.Y. (WABC) -- Police on Long Island are searching for a suspect who allegedly robbed six gas stations at gunpoint.
The robber burst through the doors in the middle of the night.
It was 3:25 a.m. and he told the clerk he had a gun.
"You're on video," the clerk told him.
But the gunman ordered him to shut-up and empty the register.
The clerk handed over stacks of bills as the robber shifted back and forth on his feet.
And in a matter of seconds, it was over.
The robber backed up, nervously toward the door and then, made a run for it.
The service station's owner is furious and wants the robber caught.
From Farmingdale, the robber went on to a service station in Levittown and a 7-11 in Hicksville.
The night before, he struck in Roslyn Heights, Flower Hill and Great Neck.
He committed six armed robberies in just 24 hours.
All of them were between 3 and 4 in the morning.
The county police robbery squad canvassed the stores for witnesses and surveillance video Friday morning.
Although the robber has threatened clerks, he has not fired a single shot, at least not so far.
No one has been injured.
long island, robbery, long island news, n.j. burkett
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch 13 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Retired NYPD officer faces charges for allegedly killing wife
- NJ police investigating deadly skydiving accident
- Former boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter dies at 76
- Suspect arrested after body found in container
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield
- Preparations underway for Boston Marathon
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11
- Country music singer Kevin Sharp dies at age 43
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
13 min ago