Long Island News
Federal courthouse in Central Islip evacuated due to fire
CENTRAL ISLIP, New York (WABC) -- A fire on the roof of a federal courthouse in Central Islip prompted the temporary evacuation of the building.
The fire appeared to be burning in a piece of machinery on the roof of a building at the Cohalan Court Complex.
Heavy smoke was spewing from the roof, but officials say the fire is out.
There were no injuries.
long island, fire, central islip, long island news
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Crime down across New York City, except in parks
- Trial begins for New Jersey man accused of killing daughter 9 min ago
- NYC rape-murder cannibal conspiracy trial headed to jury
- Brothers plead guilty in Orthodox Jewish divorce scandal
- New Jersey bank robber caught after forgetting keys 46 min ago
- Elderly jaywalker roughed up during arrest due in court 56 min ago
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- No winner: Mega Millions jackpot surges to $353 million
- Happy Birthday! Idea that spawned internet turns 25
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos