Long Island News
Federal courthouse in Central Islip evacuated due to fire
CENTRAL ISLIP, New York (WABC) -- A fire on the roof of a federal courthouse in Central Islip prompted the temporary evacuation of the building.
The fire appeared to be burning in a piece of machinery on the roof of a building at the Cohalan Court Complex.
Heavy smoke was spewing from the roof, but officials say the fire is out.
There were no injuries.
long island, fire, central islip, long island news
- 4 dead, 280 missing in South Korea ferry disaster 21 min ago
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Bronx sweep nets suspected gang members 1 min ago
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View" 4 min ago
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT 19 min ago
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos