Long Island News
5 charged in Long Island counterfeit handbag bust
HAUPPAUGE -- Long Island authorities say five people have been arrested and charged with arranging and importing counterfeit merchandise from China for distribution throughout the United States.
Suffolk County District Attorney Thomas Spota said Thursday that investigators seized truckloads of counterfeit handbags, apparel and other knockoffs. He says the defendants stored the counterfeit goods, fake logos, machinery and plates used to make and attach the fake logos in storage facilities in Queens.
He said the defendants distributed to resellers who sold the counterfeit goods in the New York metropolitan and throughout the U.S., including Florida, Pennsylvania, Illinois, Georgia and California.
The defendants were charged with enterprise corruption, trademark counterfeiting, conspiracy and money laundering.
Four of them resided in Little Neck, Queens. One was from Rutherford, N.J.
long island, hauppauge, counterfeit, long island news
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Charges coming in death of Baruch College student, prosecutor...
- Nassau County police commissioner ousted 58 min ago
- Barrios-Paoli tapped to head health and human services
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar 14 min ago
- Fire burns through house in New Brunswick
- Photos: New Brunswick, New Jersey house fire
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral 22 min ago
- Mandela interpreter says he was hallucinating
- George Bush writes letter to Alabama kicker after big loss
- Golden Globes nominations announced