Long Island News
5 charged in Long Island counterfeit handbag bust
HAUPPAUGE -- Long Island authorities say five people have been arrested and charged with arranging and importing counterfeit merchandise from China for distribution throughout the United States.
Suffolk County District Attorney Thomas Spota said Thursday that investigators seized truckloads of counterfeit handbags, apparel and other knockoffs. He says the defendants stored the counterfeit goods, fake logos, machinery and plates used to make and attach the fake logos in storage facilities in Queens.
He said the defendants distributed to resellers who sold the counterfeit goods in the New York metropolitan and throughout the U.S., including Florida, Pennsylvania, Illinois, Georgia and California.
The defendants were charged with enterprise corruption, trademark counterfeiting, conspiracy and money laundering.
Four of them resided in Little Neck, Queens. One was from Rutherford, N.J.
long island, hauppauge, counterfeit, long island news
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall 20 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy & Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ shopping center 5 min ago
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Video shows burglar cashing in lotto tickets in Queens
- Long Island school bus driver accused of selling heroin 6 min ago
- New clue in search for Brooklyn carjacking suspect
- Attempted luring incident reported in West Nyack
- Suspect in Myls Dobson murder due in court
- Hoax sends SWAT teams rushing to Long Beach house
- 13-year-old shooting victim released from hospital
- Photos: A look back at the 1964 World's Fair
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
20 min ago
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ...
5 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos