Long Island News
Long Island chiropractor accused of focibly touching patient
VALLEY STREAM (WABC) -- A Long Island chiropractor is under arrest, accused of forcibly touching a patient on Saturday.
That chiropractor had his office in a Valley Steam office building.
That is where police say, he allegedly touched a patient inappropriately.
The door, to Douglas Dukofsky's Chiropractic Wellness Center was locked and no one was answering.
It was the day after he was arrested by Nassau County police and charged with forcibly touching a patient at his office over the weekend.
He was seeing a 21-year-old female patient, police reveal, in his first floor examining room Saturday.
Police say, during that exam, Douglas Dukofsky was using a massaging device on the victim's legs.
Investigators say he proceeded to move the device across the patient's private area twice.
They go on to point out the patients mother, who was also in the room became concerned and demanded Dukofsky stop the exam.
The mother and daughter, police add, then left the office.
One man, who did not want to speak to Eyewitness News on camera, said he knows Dukofsky and that he couldn't believe the charges.
The 43-year-old chiropractor who lives in Merrick was taken into custody late Sunday.
All of the shades were drawn on the windows and no answered the door.
At least one neighbor said she didn't know him.
Dukofsky was arraigned on charges of forcible touching and arraigned in district court in Hempstead.
long island, valley stream, merrick, long island news, tim fleischer
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold 3 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- 3 lanes blocked on GWB due to maintenance 30 min ago
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case
- Thieves target luxury cars in New York area
- Photos: Luxury car theft ring bust in NYC
- Bipolar teen missing from Suffolk County 48 min ago
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- George Zimmerman will not face assault charges, prosecutors say
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of the Year
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold
3 min ago