Long Island News
Sayville couple charged after teen alcohol party
SAYVILLE -- A Long Island couple has been arrested after police say a 16-year-old became ill with alcohol poisoning during a party at their home.
Police responded to the home on Old Broadway in Sayville after receiving a 911 call around 1:30 a.m. Sunday.
About two dozen teenagers were partying in an apartment separate from the main house, and police said many of the teens were visibly intoxicated.
The couple's daughter had invited friends over after a banquet at St. Anthony's High School in Melville.
The parents, John and Stacie Butler, both 54, were arrested and charged with endangering the welfare of a child. They were released after posting bail.
The sick girl was treated at a hospital.
The couple did not answer the door at their home Monday afternoon.
long island, sayville, alcohol, arrest, long island news
- Americans on board missing flight ID'd 42 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday 18 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K 22 min ago
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority 31 min ago
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run 39 min ago
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Americans on board missing flight ID'd
42 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
18 min ago