Long Island News
Sayville couple charged after teen alcohol party
SAYVILLE -- A Long Island couple has been arrested after police say a 16-year-old became ill with alcohol poisoning during a party at their home.
Police responded to the home on Old Broadway in Sayville after receiving a 911 call around 1:30 a.m. Sunday.
About two dozen teenagers were partying in an apartment separate from the main house, and police said many of the teens were visibly intoxicated.
The couple's daughter had invited friends over after a banquet at St. Anthony's High School in Melville.
The parents, John and Stacie Butler, both 54, were arrested and charged with endangering the welfare of a child. They were released after posting bail.
The sick girl was treated at a hospital.
The couple did not answer the door at their home Monday afternoon.
long island, sayville, alcohol, arrest, long island news
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler 57 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody 34 min ago
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Man retrieving item from tracks hit by subway train
- Sparta crash injures woman and 8-year old son
- NYPD policy revised; officers should take stairs in fire
- Animal activists protest outside Liam Neeson's home
- Another delayed GM recall detailed by new documents
- Weekend subway changes affecting 11 lines
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
57 min ago