Long Island News
Sayville couple charged after teen alcohol party
SAYVILLE -- A Long Island couple has been arrested after police say a 16-year-old became ill with alcohol poisoning during a party at their home.
Police responded to the home on Old Broadway in Sayville after receiving a 911 call around 1:30 a.m. Sunday.
About two dozen teenagers were partying in an apartment separate from the main house, and police said many of the teens were visibly intoxicated.
The couple's daughter had invited friends over after a banquet at St. Anthony's High School in Melville.
The parents, John and Stacie Butler, both 54, were arrested and charged with endangering the welfare of a child. They were released after posting bail.
The sick girl was treated at a hospital.
The couple did not answer the door at their home Monday afternoon.
long island, sayville, alcohol, arrest, long island news
- 15 injured after car drives through Trader Joe's
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Railroad Administration orders Metro-North to use 2 engineers
- Freight train, truck collide in West Nyack
- Surveillance video released in "Baby Angel" case
- Long Island Rail Road massacre, 20 years later
- Photos: Long Island Rail Road massacre
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Robinson Cano to sign with Mariners
- Photos: Robinson Cano through the years
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos