Long Island News
Woman charged with driving drunk with kids in car
HAUPPAUGE, N.Y. (WABC) -- Police say a Nesconset woman was driving while intoxicated Sunday morning with her twin 5-year old daughters in the car.
Officers said they observed 31-year old Danielle Ferrante sitting in a parked, running 2006 Mitsubishi in the parking lot of Shop Rite on Route 347 in Hauppauge at 1:40 a.m.
After interviewing Ferrante, they determined she was intoxicated.
Detectives charged Ferrante with Driving While Intoxicated and two counts of Endangering the Welfare of a Child.
She will be arraigned at First District Court in Central Islip.
The children were released to the custody of their father.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, hauppauge, dwi with child, dwi, long island news
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix 55 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Snow heads into NYC after hitting southern, central NJ 5 min ago
- Is school closed or delayed? Find out fast: Here's how!
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide 38 min ago
- Yaphank church badly damaged by fire
- New York City unveils interactive map of major crimes
- Potential major advancement made in fight against leukemia
- Giants playoff hopes eliminated after Chargers loss 15 min ago
- Video: Phil Lipof says goodbye to Eyewitness News
- Broncos' Matt Prater sets NFL record with 64-yard FG
- Photos: Wintry Mix Hits Tri-State Area 9 min ago
- Motorists line up at gas stations, prepare...
38 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix
55 min ago
- NYC Agencies preparing for first snowfall...
50 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos