Long Island News
Woman charged with driving drunk with kids in car
HAUPPAUGE, N.Y. (WABC) -- Police say a Nesconset woman was driving while intoxicated Sunday morning with her twin 5-year old daughters in the car.
Officers said they observed 31-year old Danielle Ferrante sitting in a parked, running 2006 Mitsubishi in the parking lot of Shop Rite on Route 347 in Hauppauge at 1:40 a.m.
After interviewing Ferrante, they determined she was intoxicated.
Detectives charged Ferrante with Driving While Intoxicated and two counts of Endangering the Welfare of a Child.
She will be arraigned at First District Court in Central Islip.
The children were released to the custody of their father.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, hauppauge, dwi with child, dwi, long island news
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Sketch released in Upper East Side jewelry robbery
- NYC mayor to announce Sandy recovery reforms
- Man arrested in Queens anti-Muslim harassment on bus 49 min ago
- Pair robs 4 Brooklyn banks in 2-hour span 49 min ago
- Queens serial robber caught on surveillance camera 20 min ago
- Mom 'steals' car - without even realizing it
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Boston rice cooker suspect sent to psych hospital