Long Island News
Woman charged with driving drunk with kids in car
HAUPPAUGE, N.Y. (WABC) -- Police say a Nesconset woman was driving while intoxicated Sunday morning with her twin 5-year old daughters in the car.
Officers said they observed 31-year old Danielle Ferrante sitting in a parked, running 2006 Mitsubishi in the parking lot of Shop Rite on Route 347 in Hauppauge at 1:40 a.m.
After interviewing Ferrante, they determined she was intoxicated.
Detectives charged Ferrante with Driving While Intoxicated and two counts of Endangering the Welfare of a Child.
She will be arraigned at First District Court in Central Islip.
The children were released to the custody of their father.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, hauppauge, dwi with child, dwi, long island news
- JFK baggage handlers charged with theft 14 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx 56 min ago
- Mount Vernon responds to racist tweets by Mahopac players 17 min ago
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze laid to rest
- Demolition underway after NJ fire; Questions linger
- Arrests in counterfeit health and beauty products case 4 min ago
- Bridget Kelly fights order to give up Bridgegate records
- Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Lonely Michigan boy gets GMA surprise party
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay 11 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos