Long Island News
Driver chargd with DWI in fatal Long Island crash
LAKE RONKONKOMA, N.Y. (WABC) -- A man has been arrested on drunk driving charges after an accident that killed a pedestrian on Long Island early Sunday morning.
It happened at 2:30 a.m. in Lake Ronkonkoma.
Police say Thomas Vaughan of Lake Grove was driving a 2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer westbound on Express Drive North, near Carroll Avenue, when his vehicle struck a male pedestrian who was in the lane of traffic.
The pedestrian was pronounced dead at the scene.
The identity of the victim is being withheld pending notification of next of kin.
The 59-year old Vaughan is charged with Driving While Intoxicated and will be arraigned at First District Court in Central Islip.
long island, hit and run accident, dwi, arrest, long island news
- Brooklyn police shooting leaves suspect wounded
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix On The Way 36 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- De Blasio, Bratton join Sharpton at Mandela tribute 59 min ago
- Yankees open to Brett Gardner trade 8 min ago
- Queens hit and run leaves pedestrian dead
- Man found fatally stabbed in Williamsburg
- Long Island Rail Road massacre, 20 years later
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- US vet, 85, back home after detained in North Korea
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks bombing anniversary
- Photos: Pearl Harbor anniversary
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix On The Way
36 min ago