Long Island News
Driver chargd with DWI in fatal Long Island crash
LAKE RONKONKOMA, N.Y. (WABC) -- A man has been arrested on drunk driving charges after an accident that killed a pedestrian on Long Island early Sunday morning.
It happened at 2:30 a.m. in Lake Ronkonkoma.
Police say Thomas Vaughan of Lake Grove was driving a 2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer westbound on Express Drive North, near Carroll Avenue, when his vehicle struck a male pedestrian who was in the lane of traffic.
The pedestrian was pronounced dead at the scene.
The identity of the victim is being withheld pending notification of next of kin.
The 59-year old Vaughan is charged with Driving While Intoxicated and will be arraigned at First District Court in Central Islip.
long island, hit and run accident, dwi, arrest, long island news
- Malaysia Airlines plane vanishes with 239 aboard
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ