Long Island News
Driver chargd with DWI in fatal Long Island crash
LAKE RONKONKOMA, N.Y. (WABC) -- A man has been arrested on drunk driving charges after an accident that killed a pedestrian on Long Island early Sunday morning.
It happened at 2:30 a.m. in Lake Ronkonkoma.
Police say Thomas Vaughan of Lake Grove was driving a 2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer westbound on Express Drive North, near Carroll Avenue, when his vehicle struck a male pedestrian who was in the lane of traffic.
The pedestrian was pronounced dead at the scene.
The identity of the victim is being withheld pending notification of next of kin.
The 59-year old Vaughan is charged with Driving While Intoxicated and will be arraigned at First District Court in Central Islip.
long island, hit and run accident, dwi, arrest, long island news
- 9-year-old dies in 26-story fall from Bronx high-rise
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Carlstadt fire guts post office; 2 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Carlstadt post office fire
- Heroin antidote Narcan saves 6 in Ocean County
- Woman charged in fatal hit and run in Hempstead
- Harlem robber caught on camera using ATM
- Baby monitors batteries recalled over burn hazard
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies in NYC
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- Tavern on the Green reopens in Central Park Thursday
- Photos: Sneak peek inside the new Tavern on the Green
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos