Long Island News
Driver chargd with DWI in fatal Long Island crash
LAKE RONKONKOMA, N.Y. (WABC) -- A man has been arrested on drunk driving charges after an accident that killed a pedestrian on Long Island early Sunday morning.
It happened at 2:30 a.m. in Lake Ronkonkoma.
Police say Thomas Vaughan of Lake Grove was driving a 2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer westbound on Express Drive North, near Carroll Avenue, when his vehicle struck a male pedestrian who was in the lane of traffic.
The pedestrian was pronounced dead at the scene.
The identity of the victim is being withheld pending notification of next of kin.
The 59-year old Vaughan is charged with Driving While Intoxicated and will be arraigned at First District Court in Central Islip.
long island, hit and run accident, dwi, arrest, long island news
- Retired NYPD officer charged in wife's murder
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Brooklyn man dies in skydiving accident in New Jersey
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Boston Marathon goes off under tight security
- Teen survives flight riding in wheel well of Hawaii jet 45 min ago
- Paterson fire guts 3 buildings, displaces families
- 96,000 pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners recalled
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite 59 min ago
- Lindsay Lohan admits miscarriage on her reality show 36 min ago
- Photos: Lindsay Lohan in pictures
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos