Long Island News
2 men killed on Meadowbrook State Parkway
NORTH MERRICK (WABC) -- A multi-vehicle accident on the Meadowbrook State Parkway has cost two men their lives.
According to state police, a vehicles struck 76-year-old John Elder and 65-year-old Edward Ross while they were working on a disabled car on the shoulder of the parkway.
Police say a pick-up truck plowed into the men at a point where three lanes merge into two.
The truck's driver, 50-year-old Robert Beodeker, has been charged with reckless driving and driving without a license.
long island, meadowbrook state parkway, accident, long island news
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Crime down across New York City, except in parks
- Trial begins for New Jersey man accused of killing daughter
- NYC rape-murder cannibal conspiracy trial headed to jury 54 min ago
- Brothers plead guilty in Orthodox Jewish divorce scandal
- New Jersey bank robber caught after forgetting keys 31 min ago
- Elderly jaywalker roughed up during arrest due in court 41 min ago
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- No winner: Mega Millions jackpot surges to $353 million
- Happy Birthday! Idea that spawned internet turns 25
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos