Long Island News
2 men killed on Meadowbrook State Parkway
NORTH MERRICK (WABC) -- A multi-vehicle accident on the Meadowbrook State Parkway has cost two men their lives.
According to state police, a vehicles struck 76-year-old John Elder and 65-year-old Edward Ross while they were working on a disabled car on the shoulder of the parkway.
Police say a pick-up truck plowed into the men at a point where three lanes merge into two.
The truck's driver, 50-year-old Robert Beodeker, has been charged with reckless driving and driving without a license.
long island, meadowbrook state parkway, accident, long island news
- Nekisia Davis' mom, Cheryl, stole a 1993 Honda Accord - and she didn't even mean to. 18 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold 14 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- Burlington County woman charged with trying to kill her 3...
- Firefighters rescue 80-year-old man from Bronx fire Wednesday...
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey 33 min ago
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 7 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster 30 min ago
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
14 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos