Long Island News
Police officer accused of punching 3-year old son
HEMPSTEAD, N.Y. -- A police officer is accused of punching his 3-year-old son in the face at their Long Island home.
Jason Sharp, of Bellmore, was charged with assault, endangering the welfare of a child and criminal mischief.
He was arraigned Sunday and released on his own recognizance.
The judge issued an order of protection, barring Sharp from harassing his wife, his son and a 5-year-old child.
Newsday (http://bit.ly/YlxPtT ) says Sharp is an officer on the Brooklyn police gang unit.
The 3-year-old suffered swelling and bruising to the right eye, cheek and nose. The incident occurred Saturday afternoon.
Authorities say Sharp also punched a hole in the wall of the house while arguing with his wife.
He's due back in court on March 18. Information about his attorney wasn't immediately available.
long island, bellmore, child endangerment, police, long island news
- Shot Brooklyn teen speaks out; Man in custody
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Woman tries to grab stroller from nanny in Chelsea
- Robbery suspect in custody after Astoria manhunt 33 min ago
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Video released in murder of Brooklyn bodega clerk
- Police identify suspect in Bronx subway exposure
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Alleged serial bank robber nabbed in Greenwich Village 46 min ago
- Woman charged Thursday with neglect after living in a van with...
- Astronomers spot most Earth-like planet yet
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos