Long Island News
Police officer accused of punching 3-year old son
HEMPSTEAD, N.Y. -- A police officer is accused of punching his 3-year-old son in the face at their Long Island home.
Jason Sharp, of Bellmore, was charged with assault, endangering the welfare of a child and criminal mischief.
He was arraigned Sunday and released on his own recognizance.
The judge issued an order of protection, barring Sharp from harassing his wife, his son and a 5-year-old child.
Newsday (http://bit.ly/YlxPtT ) says Sharp is an officer on the Brooklyn police gang unit.
The 3-year-old suffered swelling and bruising to the right eye, cheek and nose. The incident occurred Saturday afternoon.
Authorities say Sharp also punched a hole in the wall of the house while arguing with his wife.
He's due back in court on March 18. Information about his attorney wasn't immediately available.
long island, bellmore, child endangerment, police, long island news
- Fire tears through Carlstadt post office 10 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool 39 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Carlstadt post office fire 13 min ago
- Boy found dead on building scaffolding in Bronx
- Yanks pitcher Pineda ejected for substance on neck
- Police search for arson suspect in Brooklyn
- Elderly couple hurt in Queens home invasion
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies
- 'Bachelorette' Contestant dies in paragliding accident
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Abandoned dog rescued and saved by SPCA in Bronxville
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
39 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos