Long Island News
Teens injured in school bus accident
PATCHOGUE (WABC) -- Five teens suffered injuries when a mini school bus and a dump truck crashed on Monday afternoon.
The accident happened around 3:30 p.m. near the intersection of Grove Avenue and Carman Street in Patchogue.
A dump truck t-boned a mini school bus. The dump truck driver was cited for disoveying a stop sign and for an equipment violation.
The dump truck from All County Block and Supply (from Holbrook) was traveling south on Grove Avenue in Patchogue when the 65-year-old male driver drove past a stop sign without stopping. The truck struck a mini school bus that was traveling east on Carman Street.
Five teens, 14-year-old twin boys, a 15-year-old male, a 15-year-old female and a 16-year-old female were transported to Brookhaven Hospital where they were treated for minor injuries. The 36-year-old female bus driver was not injured. The driver of the dump truck was not injured.
Police didn't know what school the teens went to, but the bus driver worked for Educational Bus Transport.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, patchogue, school bus accident, long island news
- Americans on board missing flight ID'd
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday 41 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K 34 min ago
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run 9 min ago
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Hicksville car crash kills 81-year old woman
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
41 min ago