Long Island News
Teens injured in school bus accident
PATCHOGUE (WABC) -- Five teens suffered injuries when a mini school bus and a dump truck crashed on Monday afternoon.
The accident happened around 3:30 p.m. near the intersection of Grove Avenue and Carman Street in Patchogue.
A dump truck t-boned a mini school bus. The dump truck driver was cited for disoveying a stop sign and for an equipment violation.
The dump truck from All County Block and Supply (from Holbrook) was traveling south on Grove Avenue in Patchogue when the 65-year-old male driver drove past a stop sign without stopping. The truck struck a mini school bus that was traveling east on Carman Street.
Five teens, 14-year-old twin boys, a 15-year-old male, a 15-year-old female and a 16-year-old female were transported to Brookhaven Hospital where they were treated for minor injuries. The 36-year-old female bus driver was not injured. The driver of the dump truck was not injured.
Police didn't know what school the teens went to, but the bus driver worked for Educational Bus Transport.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, patchogue, school bus accident, long island news
- Robinson Cano to sign with Mariners 11 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Surveillance video released in "Baby Angel" case 54 min ago
- UPS facility fire damages packages on Long Island 55 min ago
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela 58 min ago
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Police search for suspect in Brooklyn shooting
- Long Island Rail Road massacre, 20 years later
- Photos: Long Island Rail Road massacre
- World Cup teams hoping for luck of the draw 1 min ago
- Bob Dylan's Newport electric guitar for sale
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
58 min ago