Long Island News
Nassau County gun buyback brings in over 300 firearms
UNIONDALE, N.Y. -- A gun buyback event held at a Long Island church brought in 330 firearms.
Nassau County authorities held the session Saturday afternoon at Grace Cathedral International church in Uniondale, N.Y.
Newsday reported (http://bit.ly/VnEPXo ) that the haul of weapons was mostly made up of handguns. There were 17 assault rifles collected as well.
Those who turned in weapons got $100 for rifles, $200 for handguns and $400 for assault rifles.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, uniondale, gun buy back, gun control, long island news
- Islam at center of 9/11 Memorial criticism
- AccuWeather: Gusty Wind
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Boy found dead on building scaffolding in Bronx
- Yanks pitcher Pineda ejected for substance on neck
- Police search for arson suspect in Brooklyn
- Elderly couple hurt in Queens home invasion
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies
- 'Bachelorette' Contestant dies in paragliding accident
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Abandoned dog rescued and saved by SPCA in Bronxville
- Gunfire in Central Islip after drug deal goes bad
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos