Long Island News
Nassau County gun buyback brings in over 300 firearms
UNIONDALE, N.Y. -- A gun buyback event held at a Long Island church brought in 330 firearms.
Nassau County authorities held the session Saturday afternoon at Grace Cathedral International church in Uniondale, N.Y.
Newsday reported (http://bit.ly/VnEPXo ) that the haul of weapons was mostly made up of handguns. There were 17 assault rifles collected as well.
Those who turned in weapons got $100 for rifles, $200 for handguns and $400 for assault rifles.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, uniondale, gun buy back, gun control, long island news
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Charges expected in fraternity death
- Nassau County police commissioner ousted
- Barrios-Paoli tapped to head health and human services
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Sandy victims turn year of loss into season of giving
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral
- Budget vote approved in the House
- Mandela interpreter says he was hallucinating
- Golden Globes nominations announced
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees