Long Island News
Police open fire on loose pit bulls
UNIONDALE, N.Y. (WABC) -- Police in Nassau County opened fire on a pair of pit bulls.
Police say the dogs escaped a fenced-in yard in Uniondale late Friday afternoon and ended up chasing a group of children.
Officers who responded to the scene say when the dogs charged at them.
One of the officers fired a shot, but did not hit either dog.
They were later tranquilized and seized by animal control.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, uniondale, pit bulls, long island news
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination 57 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Crime down across New York City, except in parks
- Malaysian Airlines asks for help in hunt for missing plane
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Brothers plead guilty in Orthodox Jewish divorce scandal 6 min ago
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed
- Good Samaritans rescue woman from burning car
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- LI hospital warns of possible blood...
57 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos