Long Island News
Dad charged with driving drunk with kids in car
ROSLYN -- A Long Island man is accused of driving drunk with his two children in the car.
Nassau County police say Ja Mail Lewis was traveling westbound on the Long Island Expressway with his 14- and 12-year-old daughters.
Police say they received a 911 call from the older sister who said she believed her father was drunk.
Police spotted the vehicle stopped on the shoulder near exit 39 in Roslyn at 9:45 p.m. Wednesday.
Lewis was charged with aggravated driving while intoxicated and other charges.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, roslyn, drunk driving, leandra's law, long island news
- Malaysia Airlines plane vanishes with 239 aboard
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ