Long Island News
Dad charged with driving drunk with kids in car
ROSLYN -- A Long Island man is accused of driving drunk with his two children in the car.
Nassau County police say Ja Mail Lewis was traveling westbound on the Long Island Expressway with his 14- and 12-year-old daughters.
Police say they received a 911 call from the older sister who said she believed her father was drunk.
Police spotted the vehicle stopped on the shoulder near exit 39 in Roslyn at 9:45 p.m. Wednesday.
Lewis was charged with aggravated driving while intoxicated and other charges.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, roslyn, drunk driving, leandra's law, long island news
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Retired NYPD officer faces charges for allegedly killing wife
- NJ police investigating deadly skydiving accident
- Former boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter dies at 76
- Suspect arrested after body found in container
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield
- Preparations underway for Boston Marathon
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11
- Country music singer Kevin Sharp dies at age 43
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation