Long Island News
Dad charged with driving drunk with kids in car
ROSLYN -- A Long Island man is accused of driving drunk with his two children in the car.
Nassau County police say Ja Mail Lewis was traveling westbound on the Long Island Expressway with his 14- and 12-year-old daughters.
Police say they received a 911 call from the older sister who said she believed her father was drunk.
Police spotted the vehicle stopped on the shoulder near exit 39 in Roslyn at 9:45 p.m. Wednesday.
Lewis was charged with aggravated driving while intoxicated and other charges.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, roslyn, drunk driving, leandra's law, long island news
- Weather puts damper on start of holiday weekend 25 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain and clouds
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Sandy-damaged New York Aquarium reopens this weekend
- Bethpage Air Show cancelled for Saturday due to weather 13 min ago
- Man accused of DWI with 6-year old daughter in car
- 2 killed, 1 missing in upstate New York plane crash
- Long Island 'Hot Dog Hooker' arrested again
- Teen questioned in Queens bus shooting released 1 min ago
- Amanda Bynes released after court appearance
- abcnews: Cleveland Women Can Keep Captor's Dogs
- Photos: Circle 7 at GMA's Summer Concert Series
- Photos: I-5 Skagit River Bridge collapse