Long Island News
Sentencing day for Long Island burglary suspects
CENTEREACH (WABC) -- Two young men on Long Island will be sentenced Thursday after pleading guilty to burglary charges in Suffolk County.
Maurice Jones and Sion Sosa were arrested last May for burglarizing a home in Setauket, where where they stole a video game system, a camera and some coins.
The 20-year-old Jones and 19-year-old Sosa, both of Centereach, caused an estimated $8,000 in damage after they left the faucets running, which caused the floor to collapse.
Two of their victims are expected to attend the sentencing to deliver impact statements.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, centereach, burglary, long island news
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Retired NYPD officer faces charges for allegedly killing wife
- NJ police investigating deadly skydiving accident
- Former boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter dies at 76
- Suspect arrested after body found in container
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield
- Preparations underway for Boston Marathon
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11
- Country music singer Kevin Sharp dies at age 43
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation