Long Island News
Two accused of stealing heating oil from Long Island homes
MASTIC, N.Y. (WABC) -- Two people are under arrest on charges of stealing home heating oil from homes on Long Island. .
Suffolk County Police say 46-year old Frank Dawson and 44-year old Towania McCrae stole the oil from storage tanks on the property of eight vacant homes in the Mastic area.
On Saturday night, officers say they observed the two pumping heating oil from the underground tank of an unoccupied home on Hampton Ave. in Mastic and transferring the oil to three storage tanks that they were carrying in the rear of Dawson's pickup truck.
After the officers placed both suspects under arrest, police say Dawson took the officers to seven other locations in Mastic where he had previously stolen home heating oil.
The two are charged with Petit Larceny and Possession of Burglar's Tools.
Dawson is also charged with Criminal Trespass 3rd Degree.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, mastic, theft, long island news
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in hunt for missing jet
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard 28 min ago
- Man in coma after Long Island City hit and run
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Mega Millions jackpot at $309 million after no winner
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' fame dies at 92
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying...
28 min ago