Long Island News
Two accused of stealing heating oil from Long Island homes
MASTIC, N.Y. (WABC) -- Two people are under arrest on charges of stealing home heating oil from homes on Long Island. .
Suffolk County Police say 46-year old Frank Dawson and 44-year old Towania McCrae stole the oil from storage tanks on the property of eight vacant homes in the Mastic area.
On Saturday night, officers say they observed the two pumping heating oil from the underground tank of an unoccupied home on Hampton Ave. in Mastic and transferring the oil to three storage tanks that they were carrying in the rear of Dawson's pickup truck.
After the officers placed both suspects under arrest, police say Dawson took the officers to seven other locations in Mastic where he had previously stolen home heating oil.
The two are charged with Petit Larceny and Possession of Burglar's Tools.
Dawson is also charged with Criminal Trespass 3rd Degree.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, mastic, theft, long island news
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case 26 min ago
- AccuWeather: Still Some Slick Spots!
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- Yonkers family jumps from window to escape fire
- Photos: Family escapes Yonkers fire
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of the Year
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen
- Black ice warnings as bitter cold sets in
- Mega Millions jackpot grows to $400 Million
- FDA pushes to get antibiotics out of meat 21 min ago
- LI pet store thief wanted for stealing puppy