Long Island News
Man charged with making threats over parking ticket
HUNTINGTON, N.Y. -- Authorities say a Long Island man was taken into custody after he made threats in connection to the payment of a parking ticket.
Suffolk County police say 55-year old Robert Murphy was at Huntington Town Hall on Saturday morning and became irate over a parking summons.
They say he yelled threats at a town employee. He was taken into custody and evaluated at the hospital.
Police then charged him with making a terroristic threat.
A .45 caliber rifle was removed from his home on Hazard Avenue in Huntington Station.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, huntington, arrest, threats, long island news
- Police shoot and kill man with special needs
- AccuWeather Forecast: Mild, but rain expected
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Newtown 911 calls released
- Keri Russell's Brooklyn home burglarized
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze'
- Metro-North service back 100-percent on Hudson Line
- abcnews: Truck Carrying Radioactive Material Stolen...
- Police arrest 2 in Long Island menorah vandalism
- Man dies paragliding after hitting ice
- Parents plead for help to save boys from rare disease
- Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash, autopsy finds
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013