Long Island News
Man charged with making threats over parking ticket
HUNTINGTON, N.Y. -- Authorities say a Long Island man was taken into custody after he made threats in connection to the payment of a parking ticket.
Suffolk County police say 55-year old Robert Murphy was at Huntington Town Hall on Saturday morning and became irate over a parking summons.
They say he yelled threats at a town employee. He was taken into custody and evaluated at the hospital.
Police then charged him with making a terroristic threat.
A .45 caliber rifle was removed from his home on Hazard Avenue in Huntington Station.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, huntington, arrest, threats, long island news
- NJ forest fires force hundreds out of homes 40 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool 21 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Brush fire in Beachwood, New Jersey
- NYPD officer charged with DWI after shooting partner
- Yanks pitcher Michael Pineda suspended 10 games
- Man brutalizes women with hammer in Astoria apartment 26 min ago
- Justin Bieber being held at LAX
- NYU investigating pro-Palestine 'eviction' fliers 39 min ago
- 9-year-old dies in fall from Bronx high-rise
- Suspect charged with throwing Molotov Cocktail into deli
- Tavern on the Green reopens in Central Park Thursday
- Photos: Sneak peek inside the new Tavern on the Green
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
21 min ago