Long Island News
Man charged with making threats over parking ticket
HUNTINGTON, N.Y. -- Authorities say a Long Island man was taken into custody after he made threats in connection to the payment of a parking ticket.
Suffolk County police say 55-year old Robert Murphy was at Huntington Town Hall on Saturday morning and became irate over a parking summons.
They say he yelled threats at a town employee. He was taken into custody and evaluated at the hospital.
Police then charged him with making a terroristic threat.
A .45 caliber rifle was removed from his home on Hazard Avenue in Huntington Station.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, huntington, arrest, threats, long island news
- Nanny identifies new hero after attempted abduction in Chelsea
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man arrested for arson in Water Mill fire
- Dead body found in plastic container in Brooklyn
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- 2 killed in wreck on Southern State identified
- No hearts stolen on date, only NJ woman's dog, TV
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park