Long Island News
Long Island man charged with DWI with teen in car
WEST BABYLON (WABC) -- A Long Island man is accused of driving drunk with a child in his car.
Police say 19-year-old Cory Bennett crashed into a pole at the corner of First Avenue and Ninth sSreet in West Babylon around 11:30 p.m. Thursday.
Bennett was transported to Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center in West Islip and was treated for a possible drug overdose. The passengers, a 15-year-old male, a 19-year-old male and two 20-year-old males, were uninjured.
Bennett was arrested and charged with felony DWI under Leandra's Law, which increases drunk driving penalties for any driver with a passenger 15 years or younger
He is also charged with endangering the welfare of a child.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, west babylon, drunk driving, drugged driving, leandra's law, long island news
- Dozens killed in Oklahoma tornado
- Where is Charles Butler?
- Investigation follows police shooting of student
- Metro North New Haven Line to be back Wednesday
- Rally held after West Village hate crime murder
- Worker injured after forklift swallowed by sinkhole
- blog: Desiree Hartsock on being 'The Bachelorette'
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Photos: Lee Goldberg explains Oklahoma's tornado...
- blog: Mirror Ball Blog: Dancing with the Stars
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers