Long Island News
Long Island man charged with DWI with teen in car
WEST BABYLON (WABC) -- A Long Island man is accused of driving drunk with a child in his car.
Police say 19-year-old Cory Bennett crashed into a pole at the corner of First Avenue and Ninth sSreet in West Babylon around 11:30 p.m. Thursday.
Bennett was transported to Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center in West Islip and was treated for a possible drug overdose. The passengers, a 15-year-old male, a 19-year-old male and two 20-year-old males, were uninjured.
Bennett was arrested and charged with felony DWI under Leandra's Law, which increases drunk driving penalties for any driver with a passenger 15 years or younger
He is also charged with endangering the welfare of a child.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, west babylon, drunk driving, drugged driving, leandra's law, long island news
- House fire in New Brunswick 25 min ago
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: New Brunswick, New Jersey house fire 25 min ago
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual 29 min ago
- Baby it's cold outside! 12 min ago
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case
- Photos: Luxury car theft ring bust in NYC
- Bipolar teen missing from Suffolk County
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- George Zimmerman will not face assault charges, prosecutors say
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen
- Baruch College student dies in apparent...
29 min ago