Long Island News
Long Island man charged with DWI with teen in car
WEST BABYLON (WABC) -- A Long Island man is accused of driving drunk with a child in his car.
Police say 19-year-old Cory Bennett crashed into a pole at the corner of First Avenue and Ninth sSreet in West Babylon around 11:30 p.m. Thursday.
Bennett was transported to Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center in West Islip and was treated for a possible drug overdose. The passengers, a 15-year-old male, a 19-year-old male and two 20-year-old males, were uninjured.
Bennett was arrested and charged with felony DWI under Leandra's Law, which increases drunk driving penalties for any driver with a passenger 15 years or younger
He is also charged with endangering the welfare of a child.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, west babylon, drunk driving, drugged driving, leandra's law, long island news
- Forest fire burning in NJ; Evacuations ordered 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 9-year-old dies in 26-story fall from Bronx high-rise 31 min ago
- Carlstadt fire guts post office; 2 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Carlstadt post office fire
- Heroin antidote Narcan saves 6 in Ocean County
- Woman charged in fatal hit and run in Hempstead
- Baby monitors batteries recalled over burn hazard
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies in NYC
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- Tavern on the Green reopens in Central Park Thursday
- Photos: Sneak peek inside the new Tavern on the Green
- 9-year-old dies in 26-story fall from Bronx...
31 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos