Long Island News
Long Island man charged with DWI with teen in car
WEST BABYLON (WABC) -- A Long Island man is accused of driving drunk with a child in his car.
Police say 19-year-old Cory Bennett crashed into a pole at the corner of First Avenue and Ninth sSreet in West Babylon around 11:30 p.m. Thursday.
Bennett was transported to Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center in West Islip and was treated for a possible drug overdose. The passengers, a 15-year-old male, a 19-year-old male and two 20-year-old males, were uninjured.
Bennett was arrested and charged with felony DWI under Leandra's Law, which increases drunk driving penalties for any driver with a passenger 15 years or younger
He is also charged with endangering the welfare of a child.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, west babylon, drunk driving, drugged driving, leandra's law, long island news
- Autistic boy missing in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 2 dead after wreck on Southern State
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Autopsies completed on 7 Utah babies
- Student suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Judge threatens to duct tape defendant's mouth in murder trial
- No graduation selfies at Rhode Island college
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Employees terrorized; car parts stolen in Elizabeth store
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen