Long Island News
Celebrity architect arrested for child porn
EAST MORICHES, N.Y. (WABC) -- Celebrity architect Jay Lockett Sears was arraigned on child pornography charges.
FBI agents arrested the 73-year-old at his home in East Moriches, Friday morning.
He is accused of taking picture of children in public settings and then superimposing their heads onto the bodies of adults in sexual situations.
Some images included those in which Sears allegedly pasted his own facial images onto the bodies of other males so as to appear as if he were having sexual relations with children.
Prosecutors say the investigation started when hundreds of the altered images were found in the trash.
Sears also runs his own charitable organization for troubled families.
If convicted, the defendant faces a maximum sentence of 10 years' imprisonment.
Parents who believe that their children may have been the victims of persons involved in child pornography should contact the Suffolk County Computer Crimes Squad at (631) 852-6279, or the Federal Bureau of Investigation at (631) 501-8600.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, child porn, long island news
- NJ forest fires force hundreds out of homes 41 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool 22 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Brush fire in Beachwood, New Jersey
- NYPD officer charged with DWI after shooting partner
- Yanks pitcher Michael Pineda suspended 10 games
- Man brutalizes women with hammer in Astoria apartment 27 min ago
- Justin Bieber being held at LAX
- NYU investigating pro-Palestine 'eviction' fliers 40 min ago
- 9-year-old dies in fall from Bronx high-rise
- Suspect charged with throwing Molotov Cocktail into deli
- Tavern on the Green reopens in Central Park Thursday
- Photos: Sneak peek inside the new Tavern on the Green
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
22 min ago