Long Island News
Man charged with disseminating indecent material to girl
SUFFOLK COUNTY (WABC) -- A Brooklyn man is facking charges on Long Island after he allegedly disseminated indecent material to a 10-year-old girl who lives in Suffolk County.
Suffolk County police arrested 35-year-old John Burke after they say he contacted the girl through Facebook earlier this month and requested to engage in a sex act.
Burke, who is a friend of the victim's family, was arrested at his home and was charged with disseminating indecent material to a child.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, suffolk county, brooklyn, long island news
- Police investigating East Harlem hit and run 13 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union
- Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies at 87
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Person of interest ID'd in Flatbush teen's shooting
- Blind marathoner will run to raise money for guide dog
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster 4 min ago
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Central Park Conservancy wants horse carriages to stay
- Suspense builds for season finale of 'Scandal'
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry...
4 min ago