Long Island News
Man charged with disseminating indecent material to girl
SUFFOLK COUNTY (WABC) -- A Brooklyn man is facking charges on Long Island after he allegedly disseminated indecent material to a 10-year-old girl who lives in Suffolk County.
Suffolk County police arrested 35-year-old John Burke after they say he contacted the girl through Facebook earlier this month and requested to engage in a sex act.
Burke, who is a friend of the victim's family, was arrested at his home and was charged with disseminating indecent material to a child.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, suffolk county, brooklyn, long island news
- Oil slicks spotted in hunt for missing Malaysian jet 12 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Man in coma after Long Island City hit and run
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Hicksville car crash kills 81-year old woman
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Mega Millions jackpot at $309 million after no winner
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies at 92 36 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Oil slicks spotted in hunt for missing...
12 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos