Long Island News
Man charged with disseminating indecent material to girl
SUFFOLK COUNTY (WABC) -- A Brooklyn man is facking charges on Long Island after he allegedly disseminated indecent material to a 10-year-old girl who lives in Suffolk County.
Suffolk County police arrested 35-year-old John Burke after they say he contacted the girl through Facebook earlier this month and requested to engage in a sex act.
Burke, who is a friend of the victim's family, was arrested at his home and was charged with disseminating indecent material to a child.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, suffolk county, brooklyn, long island news
- LIRR train derails in East River tunnel
- AccuWeather Forecast: Spotty Storm
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Victim of attempted robbery falls out window
- Suspect shot and killed in Newark robbery attempt
- Teacher suspended after alleged sending threatening voicemail
- Passenger arrested after incident on Newark-bound flight
- LI 7-Eleven owners accused of human smuggling
- NYC plans composting program to recycle food scraps
- abcnews: Murnaghans Face Backlash After Sarah's Lung...
- Actor Jeff Garlin won't face vandalism charges in LA
- Photos: Hong Kong-Newark Plane disturbance
- Photos: Miss Connecticut crowned Miss USA
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos