Long Island News
Man charged with disseminating indecent material to girl
SUFFOLK COUNTY (WABC) -- A Brooklyn man is facking charges on Long Island after he allegedly disseminated indecent material to a 10-year-old girl who lives in Suffolk County.
Suffolk County police arrested 35-year-old John Burke after they say he contacted the girl through Facebook earlier this month and requested to engage in a sex act.
Burke, who is a friend of the victim's family, was arrested at his home and was charged with disseminating indecent material to a child.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, suffolk county, brooklyn, long island news
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Golden Globes nominations announced 1 min ago
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Fire burns through house in New Brunswick
- 'Fake' interpreter says he was hallucinating at Mandela event
- Baby it's cold outside!
- Newtown school shooting vigils planned for Thursday
- Bipolar teen missing from Suffolk County
- Photos: New Brunswick, New Jersey house fire
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos