Long Island News
1 dead in overnight fire in Central Islip
Thursday, January 24, 2013
CENTRAL ISLIP (WABC) -- One person died in an overnight fire on Long Island.
Firefighters battled heavy flames inside the home on Sycamore Street in Central Islip.
The fire started just before 5:15 a.m. in the house, which was believed to be vacant.
The victim may have been homeless and trying to keep warm in the building.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
(Copyright ©2014 WABC-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
long island, central islip, fire, deadly fire, long island news
- Massive forest fire burning in NJ; Evacuations ordered 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 9-year-old dies in 26-story fall from Bronx high-rise 25 min ago
- Carlstadt fire guts post office; 2 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Carlstadt post office fire
- Heroin antidote Narcan saves 6 in Ocean County
- Woman charged in fatal hit and run in Hempstead
- Baby monitors batteries recalled over burn hazard
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies in NYC
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- Tavern on the Green reopens in Central Park Thursday
- Photos: Sneak peek inside the new Tavern on the Green
- 9-year-old dies in 26-story fall from Bronx...
25 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos