Long Island News
Long Island dentist accused of practicing while drunk
LINDENHURST (WABC) -- Suffolk County police arrested a dentist who was allegedly under the influence of alcohol while he conducted a dental procedure on a patient Monday afternoon.
Authorities say 57-year-old Robert Garelick, of Melville, was arrested at his Lindenhurst dental office after someone reported that he appeared intoxicated.
Officers responded to the office on North Wellwood Avenue at approximately 4:30 p.m. and reportedly observed Garelick performing dental work on a patient while under the influence.
Garelick, who is licensed to practice dentistry by the State of New York, was charged with one count of second-degree reckless endangerment.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, lindenhurst, melville, long island news
- Missing plane may have turned back 5 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday 45 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Violence in Bronx leaves 1 dead, 1 injured 28 min ago
- Police investigating double shooting in Brooklyn
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Stage collapses at California high school: 30-40 hurt 49 min ago
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97
- Missing plane may have turned back
5 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
45 min ago