Long Island News
Long Island dentist accused of practicing while drunk
LINDENHURST (WABC) -- Suffolk County police arrested a dentist who was allegedly under the influence of alcohol while he conducted a dental procedure on a patient Monday afternoon.
Authorities say 57-year-old Robert Garelick, of Melville, was arrested at his Lindenhurst dental office after someone reported that he appeared intoxicated.
Officers responded to the office on North Wellwood Avenue at approximately 4:30 p.m. and reportedly observed Garelick performing dental work on a patient while under the influence.
Garelick, who is licensed to practice dentistry by the State of New York, was charged with one count of second-degree reckless endangerment.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, lindenhurst, melville, long island news
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Retired NYPD officer faces charges for allegedly killing wife
- NJ police investigating deadly skydiving accident
- Former boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter dies at 76
- Suspect arrested after body found in container
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield
- Preparations underway for Boston Marathon
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11
- Country music singer Kevin Sharp dies at age 43
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation