Long Island News
Jewish Community Center opens for first time since Sandy
OCEANSIDE (WABC) -- There was a major milestone on the road to Sandy recovery for a community on Long Island.
The Friedberg Jewish Community Center in Oceanside opened Sunday for the first time since Superstorm Sandy hit in October.
The building was severely damaged when it was flooded with nearly a foot of water.
Administrators at the center say being back is a comfort to many people as they continue to rebuild their lives.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, oceanside, superstorm sandy, long island news
- Man shot multiple times in Nassau County
- AccuWeather Forecast: Comfortable
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- At least 6 hurt when car jumps curb in East Village
- Robbery suspect dead in Brooklyn police shooting
- TWA Flight 800 crash investigators want new probe
- Woman allegedly kicks police dog in teeth
- Natura recalls all brands of dry pet food
- Strollers recalled due to wheel blowouts , Kolcraft says
- Vince Flynn, best-selling author, dies
- Slim Whitman, country singer, dies
- Photos: East Village bodega crash
- Photos: Most endangered historic places
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos