Long Island News
Jewish Community Center opens for first time since Sandy
OCEANSIDE (WABC) -- There was a major milestone on the road to Sandy recovery for a community on Long Island.
The Friedberg Jewish Community Center in Oceanside opened Sunday for the first time since Superstorm Sandy hit in October.
The building was severely damaged when it was flooded with nearly a foot of water.
Administrators at the center say being back is a comfort to many people as they continue to rebuild their lives.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, oceanside, superstorm sandy, long island news
- Possible 'knockout' attack victim speaks out
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Firefighters sent to wrong location in Jersey City fire
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- 2 firefighters injured in Bronx bodega fire
- Search for owner of severely malnourished dog
- Cardinal Dolan supports universal pre-k
- Cars burglarized at gyms in Wyckoff and Ridgewood
- Man speaks about shooting would-be burglar
- FDNY battery giveaway for smoke, CO detectors
- Photos: Mariano Rivera's career in pictures
- Spinning class and karaoke all in one
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos