Long Island News
Jewish Community Center opens for first time since Sandy
OCEANSIDE (WABC) -- There was a major milestone on the road to Sandy recovery for a community on Long Island.
The Friedberg Jewish Community Center in Oceanside opened Sunday for the first time since Superstorm Sandy hit in October.
The building was severely damaged when it was flooded with nearly a foot of water.
Administrators at the center say being back is a comfort to many people as they continue to rebuild their lives.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, oceanside, superstorm sandy, long island news
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site 50 min ago
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder 28 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Driver arrested after teens get drunk, trash party bus 38 min ago
- Photos: Teenagers trash party bus
- Photos released of man wanted for harassing teen Muslim girl 46 min ago
- NYPD to end Muslim surveillance program
- MLB marks 67th anniversary of Jackie Robinson debut
- Miley Cyrus skips concert, is hospitalized
- Boston marks 1 year since deadly Marathon bombings
- Dog saved from burning home in Brooklyn by FDNY
- 13-year-old bystander shot in head in Brooklyn 39 min ago
- Baby found in Victoria's Secret bag died of asphyxia 4 min ago
- Backpacks left at Boaston marathon finish...
53 min ago
- Community rallies around 13-year-old victim...
40 min ago
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
28 min ago
- Party bus goes very awry on Long Island
39 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos