Long Island News
Long Island school bus driver charged with drunk driving
FARMINGDALE, N.Y. -- A school bus driver has been charged with driving while intoxicated after he hit a parked car on Long Island.
Newsday reports (http://bit.ly/WdBMxX ) that there were four students aboard the bus when it crashed just before noon Friday in Farmingdale.
Nobody was injured, but police said the 47-year-old driver was checked out at a hospital after he complained of having difficulty breathing.
Police said officers on the scene determined that the driver was impaired by drugs.
Police say the children on the bus were between ages six and 12. Authorities didn't identify which schools the students were from.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, farmingdale, school bus accident, dwi, drunk driving, long island news
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- Man found shot to death in Bronx apartment
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Crash on Garden State Parkway leaves 1 dead, 2 hurt
- Liam Neeson to tour stables in NYC carriage horse debate
- Stage collapses at California high school; dozens hurt 2 min ago
- Viewpoint on WABC-TV
- Here and Now
- Tiempo on WABC-TV
- Up Close with Diana Williams