Long Island News
Long Island school bus driver charged with drunk driving
FARMINGDALE, N.Y. -- A school bus driver has been charged with driving while intoxicated after he hit a parked car on Long Island.
Newsday reports (http://bit.ly/WdBMxX ) that there were four students aboard the bus when it crashed just before noon Friday in Farmingdale.
Nobody was injured, but police said the 47-year-old driver was checked out at a hospital after he complained of having difficulty breathing.
Police said officers on the scene determined that the driver was impaired by drugs.
Police say the children on the bus were between ages six and 12. Authorities didn't identify which schools the students were from.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, farmingdale, school bus accident, dwi, drunk driving, long island news
- U.S. Air plane makes belly landing at Newark Airport 56 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warm and mild 53 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Connecticut, NTSB officials to tour train crash site 13 min ago
- 2 win Mega Millions, Powerball jumps to $600 million 13 min ago
- 5 people injured, struck by vehicles in the Bronx
- Vigil held for Hofstra shooting victim
- EXCLUSIVE: Hot oil attack speaks out after hospital release
- Bieber will have to pay for German monkey business
- Vito Lopez announces resignation from NY Assembly
- Photos: Belly landing at Newark Airport 50 min ago
- Photos: Metro North trains collide, at least 60...
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- AccuWeather: Warm and mild
53 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos