Long Island News
Long Island school bus driver charged with drunk driving
FARMINGDALE, N.Y. -- A school bus driver has been charged with driving while intoxicated after he hit a parked car on Long Island.
Newsday reports (http://bit.ly/WdBMxX ) that there were four students aboard the bus when it crashed just before noon Friday in Farmingdale.
Nobody was injured, but police said the 47-year-old driver was checked out at a hospital after he complained of having difficulty breathing.
Police said officers on the scene determined that the driver was impaired by drugs.
Police say the children on the bus were between ages six and 12. Authorities didn't identify which schools the students were from.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, farmingdale, school bus accident, dwi, drunk driving, long island news
- De Blasio, Bratton join Sharpton at Mandela tribute
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Queens hit and run leaves pedestrian dead
- Man found fatally stabbed in Williamsburg
- 15 injured after car drives through Trader Joe's
- Funeral held for NYPD traffic agent hit by truck 8 min ago
- NJ restaurant parts ways with gay waitress 40 min ago
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Wintry blast moves through much of country, heads East
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks bombing anniversary
- Photos: Pearl Harbor anniversary