Long Island News
Lock Downs lifted for two Nassau County schools
HEWLETT (WABC) -- George W. Hewlett and Baldwin Senior High School were placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after two separate reports.
A handwritten message was found on a bathroom wall threatening a shooting at the high school at 12:15 p.m. in Baldwin.
Baldwin High School and Brookside Elementary School were put in an emergency mode as a precaution. No students were being let into or out of the school until everything was lifted and returned to normal.
Earlier, Nassau police responded to George W. Hewlett High School in Nassau County after the report of a student with a gun.
School officials say someone passed a note that said a student had a gun. They brought the student to the attendance office, and no gun was found.
The lockdown was lifted and students returned to class.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, hewlett, school lockdown, long island news
- Bill Bratton named next Police Commissioner
- AccuWeather Forecast: Unseasonably Warm Air 32 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Who is Bill Bratton?
- Photos: Bill Bratton, next NYPD Police Commissioner
- Carteret freight train derailment closes turnpike ramps 48 min ago
- Alleged assault of Seton Hall student may be captured on video
- Fast food workers demonstrate to demand higher wages
- Springsteen's 'Born to Run' manuscript at NY auction
- Police shoot and kill man with special needs
- Newtown 911 calls released
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze'
- Photos: Hazmat crews respond to Carteret freight...
- Carteret freight train derailment closes...
48 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Unseasonably Warm Air
32 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos