Long Island News
Lock Downs lifted for two Nassau County schools
HEWLETT (WABC) -- George W. Hewlett and Baldwin Senior High School were placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after two separate reports.
A handwritten message was found on a bathroom wall threatening a shooting at the high school at 12:15 p.m. in Baldwin.
Baldwin High School and Brookside Elementary School were put in an emergency mode as a precaution. No students were being let into or out of the school until everything was lifted and returned to normal.
Earlier, Nassau police responded to George W. Hewlett High School in Nassau County after the report of a student with a gun.
School officials say someone passed a note that said a student had a gun. They brought the student to the attendance office, and no gun was found.
The lockdown was lifted and students returned to class.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, hewlett, school lockdown, long island news
- Man hacked to death in apparent terror attack
- AccuWeather: Stormy day
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Police captain's home hit with firebomb?
- Arrest made in East Village bias attack
- Funeral for Hofstra student accidentally shot by police
- Oklahoma tornado damage toll mounting
- Roosevelt Island Peace Officers accused of abusing power
- Secret Sales: Brownies, Diamonds and a super secret sale
- Jose Canseco investigated for Las Vegas sex assault
- Hats get women ejected from mall
- Kellie Pickler wins Dancing With The Stars
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma