Long Island News
Lock Downs lifted for two Nassau County schools
HEWLETT (WABC) -- George W. Hewlett and Baldwin Senior High School were placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after two separate reports.
A handwritten message was found on a bathroom wall threatening a shooting at the high school at 12:15 p.m. in Baldwin.
Baldwin High School and Brookside Elementary School were put in an emergency mode as a precaution. No students were being let into or out of the school until everything was lifted and returned to normal.
Earlier, Nassau police responded to George W. Hewlett High School in Nassau County after the report of a student with a gun.
School officials say someone passed a note that said a student had a gun. They brought the student to the attendance office, and no gun was found.
The lockdown was lifted and students returned to class.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, hewlett, school lockdown, long island news
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway 18 min ago
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- 5 injured when car crashes into Bronx store
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Metro-North worker fatally struck by train in NYC
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp begins
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew on stolen passports
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- NY-native bank robbery suspect nabbed after selfies
- UConn sophomore accuses sorority sisters of hazing
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway
18 min ago