Long Island News
Lock Downs lifted for two Nassau County schools
HEWLETT (WABC) -- George W. Hewlett and Baldwin Senior High School were placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after two separate reports.
A handwritten message was found on a bathroom wall threatening a shooting at the high school at 12:15 p.m. in Baldwin.
Baldwin High School and Brookside Elementary School were put in an emergency mode as a precaution. No students were being let into or out of the school until everything was lifted and returned to normal.
Earlier, Nassau police responded to George W. Hewlett High School in Nassau County after the report of a student with a gun.
School officials say someone passed a note that said a student had a gun. They brought the student to the attendance office, and no gun was found.
The lockdown was lifted and students returned to class.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, hewlett, school lockdown, long island news
- Nanny identifies new hero after attempted abduction in Chelsea
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man arrested for arson in Water Mill fire
- Dead body found in plastic container in Brooklyn
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- 2 killed in wreck on Southern State identified
- No hearts stolen on date, only NJ woman's dog, TV
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park