Long Island News
Written threat sparks school evacuation in Seaford
SEAFORD (WABC) -- A written threat found in a bathroom sparked evacuation of a middle school in Seaford Wednesday morning, Nassau County police said.
An administrator found the threat at the Seaford Middle School around 9:35 a.m.
Police were called to the scene. Details of the note were not released.
The school was evacuated as a precaution, officials said. It remained evacuated until around 12:20 p.m. as investigators searched the school. Officials determined the building was safe.
The incident came a day after a report of a suspicious person prompted a daylong lockdown at Elmont Memorial High School in Nassau County.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, long island news
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster 32 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Malaysian plane mystery continues 22 min ago
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video
- 5 injured when car crashes into Bronx store
- Metro-North worker fatally struck by train in NYC
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp begins
- NY-native bank robbery suspect nabbed after selfies
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports 10 min ago
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
32 min ago