Long Island News
Written threat sparks school evacuation in Seaford
SEAFORD (WABC) -- A written threat found in a bathroom sparked evacuation of a middle school in Seaford Wednesday morning, Nassau County police said.
An administrator found the threat at the Seaford Middle School around 9:35 a.m.
Police were called to the scene. Details of the note were not released.
The school was evacuated as a precaution, officials said. It remained evacuated until around 12:20 p.m. as investigators searched the school. Officials determined the building was safe.
The incident came a day after a report of a suspicious person prompted a daylong lockdown at Elmont Memorial High School in Nassau County.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, long island news
- FDNY rescues worker trapped in Queens trench 17 min ago
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather Forecast: Thunderstorms 32 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Arrest in deadly stabbing of livery cab driver
- Stabbing reported near Times Square 47 min ago
- NSA director says plot against Wall Street foiled
- FBI releases new footage in Times Square bomb
- LIRR cancels 21 trains for evening rush
- Body found in lake where Conn. photographer went missing
- Chrysler agrees to recall Jeeps at risk of fire
- Leonia firehouse shut in wake of sex assault
- Photos: Hong Kong-Newark Plane disturbance
- Photos: Miss Connecticut crowned Miss USA
- Stabbing reported near Times Square
47 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Thunderstorms
32 min ago