Long Island News
Written threat sparks school evacuation in Seaford
SEAFORD (WABC) -- A written threat found in a bathroom sparked evacuation of a middle school in Seaford Wednesday morning, Nassau County police said.
An administrator found the threat at the Seaford Middle School around 9:35 a.m.
Police were called to the scene. Details of the note were not released.
The school was evacuated as a precaution, officials said. It remained evacuated until around 12:20 p.m. as investigators searched the school. Officials determined the building was safe.
The incident came a day after a report of a suspicious person prompted a daylong lockdown at Elmont Memorial High School in Nassau County.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, long island news
- Teen clerk beaten in deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 6 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments
- Surprise field day for kids from burned-down school
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos