Long Island News
Written threat sparks school evacuation in Seaford
SEAFORD (WABC) -- A written threat found in a bathroom sparked evacuation of a middle school in Seaford Wednesday morning, Nassau County police said.
An administrator found the threat at the Seaford Middle School around 9:35 a.m.
Police were called to the scene. Details of the note were not released.
The school was evacuated as a precaution, officials said. It remained evacuated until around 12:20 p.m. as investigators searched the school. Officials determined the building was safe.
The incident came a day after a report of a suspicious person prompted a daylong lockdown at Elmont Memorial High School in Nassau County.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, long island news
- 15 injured after car drives through Trader Joe's
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Railroad Administration orders Metro-North to use 2 engineers
- Freight train, truck collide in West Nyack
- Surveillance video released in "Baby Angel" case
- Long Island Rail Road massacre, 20 years later
- Photos: Long Island Rail Road massacre
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Robinson Cano to sign with Mariners
- Photos: Robinson Cano through the years
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos