Long Island News
Sentencing day in deadly Mastic hit and run
LONG ISLAND (WABC) -- Friday is sentencing day in a deadly hit and run that happened on Long Island more than a year ago.
Preston Mimms, of Mastic, is expected to receive up to four years in prison as part of a plea deal.
In December, Mimms admitted he hit 24-year-old mother Erika Hughes with his employer's laundry truck as she walked on Mastic Road in July of 2011.
Hughes' family is expected to attend the sentencing.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, mastic, hit and run accident, long island news
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union 2 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies at 87 44 min ago
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn 11 min ago
- Person of interest ID'd in Flatbush teen's shooting
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Deal reached on calming Ukraine tensions
- New York political leader Basil Paterson dies at 87 2 min ago
- Central Park Conservancy wants horse carriages to stay
- Reservoir to be flushed because of urinating teen
- Mug shot released of McNabb after Ariz. arrest