Long Island News
Sentencing day in deadly Mastic hit and run
LONG ISLAND (WABC) -- Friday is sentencing day in a deadly hit and run that happened on Long Island more than a year ago.
Preston Mimms, of Mastic, is expected to receive up to four years in prison as part of a plea deal.
In December, Mimms admitted he hit 24-year-old mother Erika Hughes with his employer's laundry truck as she walked on Mastic Road in July of 2011.
Hughes' family is expected to attend the sentencing.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, mastic, hit and run accident, long island news
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall 18 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy and cooler 24 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at N.J. shopping center
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Oh my! NYPD's request for cop photos goes awry
- Metro-North to require sleep apnea evaluation
- One dead, another rescued in Long Island fire
- Not so fast! Palcohol not approved by federal government
- Passengers step up to help elderly man in bus brawl
- 13-year-old shooting victim released from hospital
- Hoax sends SWAT teams rushing to Long Beach house
- Brooklyn hit and run suspect identified by police
- AccuWeather: Windy and cooler
24 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos