Long Island News
Sentencing day in deadly Mastic hit and run
LONG ISLAND (WABC) -- Friday is sentencing day in a deadly hit and run that happened on Long Island more than a year ago.
Preston Mimms, of Mastic, is expected to receive up to four years in prison as part of a plea deal.
In December, Mimms admitted he hit 24-year-old mother Erika Hughes with his employer's laundry truck as she walked on Mastic Road in July of 2011.
Hughes' family is expected to attend the sentencing.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, mastic, hit and run accident, long island news
- Metro North trains collide, 60 people injured
- AccuWeather: Warm and mild
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 5 people injured, struck by vehicles in the Bronx
- Vigil held for Hofstra shooting victim
- EXCLUSIVE: Hot oil attack speaks out after hospital release
- Powerball jackpot jumps to $600 million
- Bieber will have to pay for German monkey business
- Woman, boyfriend found shot to death in NJ park
- Tarrytown remembers Hofstra shooting victim
- abcnews: Sole survivor of plane crash breaks silence
- Photos: Scandal Season 2 Finale
- Photos: Metro North trains collide, at least 60...
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos