Long Island News
Sentencing day in deadly Mastic hit and run
LONG ISLAND (WABC) -- Friday is sentencing day in a deadly hit and run that happened on Long Island more than a year ago.
Preston Mimms, of Mastic, is expected to receive up to four years in prison as part of a plea deal.
In December, Mimms admitted he hit 24-year-old mother Erika Hughes with his employer's laundry truck as she walked on Mastic Road in July of 2011.
Hughes' family is expected to attend the sentencing.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, mastic, hit and run accident, long island news
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold 47 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar 14 min ago
- Fire burns through house in New Brunswick 31 min ago
- 'Fake' interpreter says he was hallucinating at Mandela event 44 min ago
- Baby it's cold outside!
- Newtown school shooting vigils planned for Thursday 33 min ago
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case
- Bipolar teen missing from Suffolk County
- Photos: New Brunswick, New Jersey house fire
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold
47 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos