Long Island News
Man charged with DWI, possession of stun gun
EAST MEADOW -- A Long Island man has been charged with DWI and possessing a stun gun that looked like a cell phone.
Nassau County police say Hugh Murray of Levittown was arrested after he was spotted weaving in and out of traffic in his BMW on New Year's Day in East Meadow.
After pulling him over, police said they found he was drunk. They said they also found a stun gun shaped like a cell phone in his jacket pocket.
Murray was charged with DWI and criminal possession of a weapon.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, east meadow, drunk driving, long island news
- Jersey shore reopens for 1st post-Sandy summer 2 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain continues 18 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Teen heading to prom dies in car accident 43 min ago
- Amanda Bynes released after court appearance 2 min ago
- 2nd murder conviction in death of cop Peter Figoski
- 'Unusual condition' seen before Metro North crash
- 3 hurt when I-5 bridge collapses into Wash. river
- A-Rod sells home and makes $15 Million profit
- abcnews: Hurricane season could be 'extremely active'
- Photos: Circle 7 at GMA's Summer Concert Series
- Photos: I-5 Skagit River Bridge collapse
- Photos: Flash flooding in the New York area
- Parts of Saw Mill Parkway remain closed due...
1 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain continues
18 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos