Long Island News
Man charged with DWI, possession of stun gun
EAST MEADOW -- A Long Island man has been charged with DWI and possessing a stun gun that looked like a cell phone.
Nassau County police say Hugh Murray of Levittown was arrested after he was spotted weaving in and out of traffic in his BMW on New Year's Day in East Meadow.
After pulling him over, police said they found he was drunk. They said they also found a stun gun shaped like a cell phone in his jacket pocket.
Murray was charged with DWI and criminal possession of a weapon.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, east meadow, drunk driving, long island news
- Possible 'knockout' attack victim speaks out
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Firefighters sent to wrong location in Jersey City fire
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- 2 firefighters injured in Bronx bodega fire
- Search for owner of severely malnourished dog
- Cardinal Dolan supports universal pre-k
- Cars burglarized at gyms in Wyckoff and Ridgewood
- Man speaks about shooting would-be burglar
- FDNY battery giveaway for smoke, CO detectors
- Photos: Mariano Rivera's career in pictures
- Spinning class and karaoke all in one
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos