Long Island News
Man charged with DWI, possession of stun gun
EAST MEADOW -- A Long Island man has been charged with DWI and possessing a stun gun that looked like a cell phone.
Nassau County police say Hugh Murray of Levittown was arrested after he was spotted weaving in and out of traffic in his BMW on New Year's Day in East Meadow.
After pulling him over, police said they found he was drunk. They said they also found a stun gun shaped like a cell phone in his jacket pocket.
Murray was charged with DWI and criminal possession of a weapon.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, east meadow, drunk driving, long island news
- Fire tears through Carlstadt post office 16 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool 45 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Carlstadt post office fire 19 min ago
- 9-year-old dies in 26-story fall from Bronx high-rise 1 min ago
- Yanks pitcher Pineda ejected for substance on neck
- Police search for arson suspect in Brooklyn
- Elderly couple hurt in Queens home invasion
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies
- 'Bachelorette' Contestant dies in paragliding accident
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Abandoned dog rescued and saved by SPCA in Bronxville
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
45 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos