Long Island News
Long Island man charged with DWI with kid in car
HEMPSTEAD, N.Y. (WABC) -- A Hempstead man was arrested early Tuesday morning, accused of driving drunk with a child in his car.
Police say 24-year-old Oscar Reyes-Zavala was stopped while driving on Hewlett Street.
They say they found a 6-year-old girl riding in the backseat without a seat belt.
The child was not related to Reyes-Zavala and was released to her mother.
Reyes-Zavala was charged with Aggravated Driving While Intoxicated (Leandra's Law), Driving While Intoxicated, Aggravated Unlicensed Operation 1st Degree, Aggravated Unlicensed Operation 3rd Degree, Endangering the Welfare of a Child, Driving the Wrong Way on a One Way Street, Rear Passenger Under 10 Not Wearing a Seat Belt, Failure To Signal and Unlicensed Operation.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, dwi, dwi with child, drunk driving, leandra's law, long island news
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police investigating double shooting in Brooklyn
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey aims for 2014 return to Mets
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97