Long Island News
Long Island man charged with DWI with kid in car
HEMPSTEAD, N.Y. (WABC) -- A Hempstead man was arrested early Tuesday morning, accused of driving drunk with a child in his car.
Police say 24-year-old Oscar Reyes-Zavala was stopped while driving on Hewlett Street.
They say they found a 6-year-old girl riding in the backseat without a seat belt.
The child was not related to Reyes-Zavala and was released to her mother.
Reyes-Zavala was charged with Aggravated Driving While Intoxicated (Leandra's Law), Driving While Intoxicated, Aggravated Unlicensed Operation 1st Degree, Aggravated Unlicensed Operation 3rd Degree, Endangering the Welfare of a Child, Driving the Wrong Way on a One Way Street, Rear Passenger Under 10 Not Wearing a Seat Belt, Failure To Signal and Unlicensed Operation.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, dwi, dwi with child, drunk driving, leandra's law, long island news
- 3 hurt when I-5 bridge collapses into Washington river 29 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain continues
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Lingering flood waters create commuting headache 40 min ago
- Amanda Bynes arrested in Midtown, 12 min ago
- Man fatally stabbed during dispute in Chelsea 2 min ago
- Officer arrested in firebombing of captain's home
- Jury deadlocked on Jodi Arias penalty
- Anthony Weiner starts stumping in mayoral bid
- abcnews: Hurricane season could be 'extremely active' 26 min ago
- GMA's 2013 Summer Concert Series kicks off Friday 27 min ago
- Photos: Flash flooding in the New York area
- Photos: I-5 Skagit River Bridge collapse 29 min ago
- Lingering flood waters create commuting...
40 min ago