Long Island News
Long Island man charged with DWI with kid in car
HEMPSTEAD, N.Y. (WABC) -- A Hempstead man was arrested early Tuesday morning, accused of driving drunk with a child in his car.
Police say 24-year-old Oscar Reyes-Zavala was stopped while driving on Hewlett Street.
They say they found a 6-year-old girl riding in the backseat without a seat belt.
The child was not related to Reyes-Zavala and was released to her mother.
Reyes-Zavala was charged with Aggravated Driving While Intoxicated (Leandra's Law), Driving While Intoxicated, Aggravated Unlicensed Operation 1st Degree, Aggravated Unlicensed Operation 3rd Degree, Endangering the Welfare of a Child, Driving the Wrong Way on a One Way Street, Rear Passenger Under 10 Not Wearing a Seat Belt, Failure To Signal and Unlicensed Operation.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, dwi, dwi with child, drunk driving, leandra's law, long island news
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather: Stormy day
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Man hacked to death in apparent terror attack
- Queens businessman kidnapped and tortured
- Operation Swill: cheap booze in premium liquor bottles
- Funeral for Hofstra student accidentally shot by police
- Oklahoma tornado damage toll mounting
- Secret Sales: Brownies, Diamonds and a super secret sale
- abcnews: Man Shot by FBI Was About to Sign Murder...
- OTRC: 'Man of Steel' trailer, with General Zod
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Tornado: How You Can Help, Get Help
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos