Long Island News
Long Island man charged with DWI with kid in car
HEMPSTEAD, N.Y. (WABC) -- A Hempstead man was arrested early Tuesday morning, accused of driving drunk with a child in his car.
Police say 24-year-old Oscar Reyes-Zavala was stopped while driving on Hewlett Street.
They say they found a 6-year-old girl riding in the backseat without a seat belt.
The child was not related to Reyes-Zavala and was released to her mother.
Reyes-Zavala was charged with Aggravated Driving While Intoxicated (Leandra's Law), Driving While Intoxicated, Aggravated Unlicensed Operation 1st Degree, Aggravated Unlicensed Operation 3rd Degree, Endangering the Welfare of a Child, Driving the Wrong Way on a One Way Street, Rear Passenger Under 10 Not Wearing a Seat Belt, Failure To Signal and Unlicensed Operation.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, dwi, dwi with child, drunk driving, leandra's law, long island news
- Autistic boy missing in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly 48 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 2 dead after wreck on Southern State
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Autopsies completed on 7 Utah babies
- Student suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Judge threatens to duct tape defendant's mouth in murder trial
- No graduation selfies at Rhode Island college
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Employees terrorized; car parts stolen in Elizabeth store 53 min ago
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen 51 min ago
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen
51 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
48 min ago