Long Island News
Long Island man charged with DWI with kid in car
HEMPSTEAD, N.Y. (WABC) -- A Hempstead man was arrested early Tuesday morning, accused of driving drunk with a child in his car.
Police say 24-year-old Oscar Reyes-Zavala was stopped while driving on Hewlett Street.
They say they found a 6-year-old girl riding in the backseat without a seat belt.
The child was not related to Reyes-Zavala and was released to her mother.
Reyes-Zavala was charged with Aggravated Driving While Intoxicated (Leandra's Law), Driving While Intoxicated, Aggravated Unlicensed Operation 1st Degree, Aggravated Unlicensed Operation 3rd Degree, Endangering the Welfare of a Child, Driving the Wrong Way on a One Way Street, Rear Passenger Under 10 Not Wearing a Seat Belt, Failure To Signal and Unlicensed Operation.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, dwi, dwi with child, drunk driving, leandra's law, long island news
- Forest fire burning in NJ; Evacuations ordered 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 9-year-old dies in 26-story fall from Bronx high-rise 56 min ago
- Carlstadt fire guts post office; 2 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Carlstadt post office fire
- Heroin antidote Narcan saves 6 in Ocean County
- Woman charged in fatal hit and run in Hempstead
- Baby monitors batteries recalled over burn hazard
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies in NYC
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- Tavern on the Green reopens in Central Park Thursday
- Photos: Sneak peek inside the new Tavern on the Green
- 9-year-old dies in 26-story fall from Bronx...
56 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos