Long Island News
New Year's Eve blaze kills North Babylon man, 62
NORTH BABYLON -- Fire investigators on New York's Long Island are looking for the cause of a New Year's Eve house fire that killed a 61-year-old man.
The Suffolk County Police Department says homicide and arson detectives are investigating the fire. It broke out around 10 p.m. Monday on Peacock Lane in North Babylon.
Authorities say a neighbor called 911 to report the fire. Firefighters extinguished the blaze and found the body of the homeowner, Raymond Frank, inside near the front door.
Frank's body has been sent to the medical examiner.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, fire, fire death, long island news
- Elderly couple hurt in Queens home invasion 2 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gusty Wind 17 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies 6 min ago
- 'Bachelorette' Contestant dies in paragliding accident
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ shopping center
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Abandoned dog rescued and saved by SPCA in Bronxville
- Long Island school bus driver accused of selling heroin 28 min ago
- Cubs celebrate 100th birthday of Wrigley Field
- Attempted luring incident reported in West Nyack
- FBI investigates hoax that sent SWAT teams to house 15 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gusty Wind
17 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos