Long Island News
New Year's Eve blaze kills North Babylon man, 62
NORTH BABYLON -- Fire investigators on New York's Long Island are looking for the cause of a New Year's Eve house fire that killed a 61-year-old man.
The Suffolk County Police Department says homicide and arson detectives are investigating the fire. It broke out around 10 p.m. Monday on Peacock Lane in North Babylon.
Authorities say a neighbor called 911 to report the fire. Firefighters extinguished the blaze and found the body of the homeowner, Raymond Frank, inside near the front door.
Frank's body has been sent to the medical examiner.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, fire, fire death, long island news
- Dozens killed in Oklahoma tornado
- AccuWeather: Warm And Humid
- Tornado touched down near Copake
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Tornado: How You Can Help, Get Help
- Two more possible bias attacks investigated in New York City
- Suspected robbery ends with car chase
- Connecticut rail service to return to normal Wednesday
- The return of the Green Card Scammer 55 min ago
- blog: Mirror Ball Blog: Dancing with the Stars
- Photos: Dancing with the Stars Finals
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos