Long Island News
New Year's Eve blaze kills North Babylon man, 62
NORTH BABYLON -- Fire investigators on New York's Long Island are looking for the cause of a New Year's Eve house fire that killed a 61-year-old man.
The Suffolk County Police Department says homicide and arson detectives are investigating the fire. It broke out around 10 p.m. Monday on Peacock Lane in North Babylon.
Authorities say a neighbor called 911 to report the fire. Firefighters extinguished the blaze and found the body of the homeowner, Raymond Frank, inside near the front door.
Frank's body has been sent to the medical examiner.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, fire, fire death, long island news
- Shooting reported at Colorado High School 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Snow, ice and rain for Saturday
- 7 On Your Side gets back $1-million dollars in 2013
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- New York City issues snow alert
- Baruch College student died from head injuries, coroner says 21 min ago
- Police searching for missing Rider U student
- Newtown victims to be remembered Saturday
- Photos: Photos of the Newtown school shooting victims
- Kansas man arrested in car bomb plot at airport 45 min ago
- Christie appointee resigns amid probe 46 min ago
- 2,500 Fordham University applicants misled by email
- Mega Millions rises to $425M for Friday drawing
- Secret Sales: Dark Chocolate Espresso Beans and Photo Books