Long Island News
New Year's Eve blaze kills North Babylon man, 62
NORTH BABYLON -- Fire investigators on New York's Long Island are looking for the cause of a New Year's Eve house fire that killed a 61-year-old man.
The Suffolk County Police Department says homicide and arson detectives are investigating the fire. It broke out around 10 p.m. Monday on Peacock Lane in North Babylon.
Authorities say a neighbor called 911 to report the fire. Firefighters extinguished the blaze and found the body of the homeowner, Raymond Frank, inside near the front door.
Frank's body has been sent to the medical examiner.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, fire, fire death, long island news
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police investigating double shooting in Brooklyn 20 min ago
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust 54 min ago
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey aims for 2014 return to Mets
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97