Long Island News
New Year's Eve blaze kills North Babylon man, 62
NORTH BABYLON -- Fire investigators on New York's Long Island are looking for the cause of a New Year's Eve house fire that killed a 61-year-old man.
The Suffolk County Police Department says homicide and arson detectives are investigating the fire. It broke out around 10 p.m. Monday on Peacock Lane in North Babylon.
Authorities say a neighbor called 911 to report the fire. Firefighters extinguished the blaze and found the body of the homeowner, Raymond Frank, inside near the front door.
Frank's body has been sent to the medical examiner.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, fire, fire death, long island news
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club 52 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold 28 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey 1 min ago
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital 3 min ago
- 6 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster 25 min ago
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads 4 min ago
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen 28 min ago
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
28 min ago
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent...
3 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos