Long Island News
Long Island teen accused of attempted murder
FREEPORT -- A 17-year-old boy has been arrested on charges he shot and wounded two teenagers on a Long Island street.
Nassau County police say Angel Bermudez of Hempstead was charged with two counts of attempted murder and criminal use of a firearm.
He was to be arraigned Friday. It wasn't immediately clear if he had a lawyer.
Bermudez is accused of firing several shot at two teens, ages 16 and 18, on Wednesday evening. Police say they found the victims lying on South Main Street in Freeport after responding to a 911 call of shots fired.
They were taken to a hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, freeport, attempted murder, long island news
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination 40 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Crime down across New York City, except in parks
- Malaysian Airlines asks for help in hunt for missing plane
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Brothers plead guilty in Orthodox Jewish divorce scandal 44 min ago
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed
- Good Samaritans rescue woman from burning car
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- LI hospital warns of possible blood...
40 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos