Long Island News
Long Island teen accused of attempted murder
FREEPORT -- A 17-year-old boy has been arrested on charges he shot and wounded two teenagers on a Long Island street.
Nassau County police say Angel Bermudez of Hempstead was charged with two counts of attempted murder and criminal use of a firearm.
He was to be arraigned Friday. It wasn't immediately clear if he had a lawyer.
Bermudez is accused of firing several shot at two teens, ages 16 and 18, on Wednesday evening. Police say they found the victims lying on South Main Street in Freeport after responding to a 911 call of shots fired.
They were taken to a hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, freeport, attempted murder, long island news
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Missing autistic boy found in Brooklyn
- NYPD policy revised; officers should take stairs in fire
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- South Korea ferry captain arrested; death toll at 32
- Weekend subway changes affecting 11 lines
- Death toll rises to 13 in Mount Everest...
52 min ago