Long Island News
Long Island teen accused of attempted murder
FREEPORT -- A 17-year-old boy has been arrested on charges he shot and wounded two teenagers on a Long Island street.
Nassau County police say Angel Bermudez of Hempstead was charged with two counts of attempted murder and criminal use of a firearm.
He was to be arraigned Friday. It wasn't immediately clear if he had a lawyer.
Bermudez is accused of firing several shot at two teens, ages 16 and 18, on Wednesday evening. Police say they found the victims lying on South Main Street in Freeport after responding to a 911 call of shots fired.
They were taken to a hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, freeport, attempted murder, long island news
- Firefighters struggle to contain NJ forest fires
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Brush fire in Beachwood, New Jersey
- NYPD officer charged with DWI after shooting partner
- Yanks pitcher Michael Pineda suspended 10 games
- Man brutalizes women with hammer in Astoria apartment
- Justin Bieber being held at LAX
- NYU investigating pro-Palestine 'eviction' fliers
- 9-year-old dies in fall from Bronx high-rise
- Suspect charged with throwing Molotov Cocktail into deli
- Tavern on the Green reopens in Central Park Thursday
- Photos: Sneak peek inside the new Tavern on the Green