Long Island News
Father attacked by pit bulls while shielding daughter
NEW CASSEL (WABC) -- A Long Island father is recovering from bite wounds after shielding his daughter from a pack pit bulls.
Police say three pit bulls ran out of an open gate at 17-year-old Nyisha Banks' home on Maplewood Drive in New Cassel Monday.
The 44-year-old victim stepped in front of his daughter and was bitten on the arms, legs and torso.
A 16-year-old who tried to help was also bitten on the knee.
Both victims fought off the dogs until Banks and a second juvenile came and removed the dogs, placing them back in the house.
The victims were transported to a local hospital for treatment. The child was not injured.
Banks and the second juvenile are charged with reckless endangerment.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, dog attack, new cassel, long island news
- Malaysia Airlines plane vanishes with 239 aboard
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos