Long Island News
Father attacked by pit bulls while shielding daughter
NEW CASSEL (WABC) -- A Long Island father is recovering from bite wounds after shielding his daughter from a pack pit bulls.
Police say three pit bulls ran out of an open gate at 17-year-old Nyisha Banks' home on Maplewood Drive in New Cassel Monday.
The 44-year-old victim stepped in front of his daughter and was bitten on the arms, legs and torso.
A 16-year-old who tried to help was also bitten on the knee.
Both victims fought off the dogs until Banks and a second juvenile came and removed the dogs, placing them back in the house.
The victims were transported to a local hospital for treatment. The child was not injured.
Banks and the second juvenile are charged with reckless endangerment.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, dog attack, new cassel, long island news
- Mike Woodson out as head coach of Knicks 36 min ago
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Retired NYPD officer charged in wife's murder
- Brooklyn man dies in skydiving accident in New Jersey
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Boston Marathon goes off under tight security
- Teen survives flight riding in wheel well of Hawaii jet
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Coney Island double stabbing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Lindsay Lohan admits miscarriage on her reality show
- Photos: Lindsay Lohan in pictures
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos