Long Island News
8 arrested, accused of trying to scam Sandy victims
EAST MEADOW (WABC) -- Eight men from Maine are charged with trying to victimize Long Island homeowners who were already victims of Hurricane Sandy.
Three of the men were arrested after police spotted them trying to get money from a confused elderly woman at a bank in East Meadow.
The three were charged with soliciting for home improvement work without a license.
The five others were charged with working without a permit.
They are identified:
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, east meadow, hurricane sandy, long island news
- Hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery
- Fort Lee students to make up snow days
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Ferry service to resume between Haverstraw, Ossining
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures