Long Island News
8 arrested, accused of trying to scam Sandy victims
EAST MEADOW (WABC) -- Eight men from Maine are charged with trying to victimize Long Island homeowners who were already victims of Hurricane Sandy.
Three of the men were arrested after police spotted them trying to get money from a confused elderly woman at a bank in East Meadow.
The three were charged with soliciting for home improvement work without a license.
The five others were charged with working without a permit.
They are identified:
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, east meadow, hurricane sandy, long island news
- Metro North: Conn. train outage expected for days
- AccuWeather: Dreary Night
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Hofstra remembers Andrea Rebello at graduation
- Tornadoes level homes in Oklahoma, 21 injured
- Taylor Swift wins 8 trophies at Billboard Awards
- Teen fatally shot on Queens bus identified
- Powerball: 1 winning ticket sold in Florida
- Man falls out window during Broadway show
- Video: Who will win the Indianapolis 500?
- Photos: Photos from the Billboard Awards
- Photos: Tornado rips through Oklahoma
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers