Long Island News
8 arrested, accused of trying to scam Sandy victims
EAST MEADOW (WABC) -- Eight men from Maine are charged with trying to victimize Long Island homeowners who were already victims of Hurricane Sandy.
Three of the men were arrested after police spotted them trying to get money from a confused elderly woman at a bank in East Meadow.
The three were charged with soliciting for home improvement work without a license.
The five others were charged with working without a permit.
They are identified:
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, east meadow, hurricane sandy, long island news
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- Photos: Boston Marathon: One year later
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- 3 dead, 292 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT 39 min ago
- Driver arrested after teens get drunk, trash party bus
- Photos: Teenagers trash party bus
- 3-year-old boy gets stuck in Nebraska claw machine 34 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos