Long Island News
Hunt on for suspect in road rage machete attack
ROOSEVELT (WABC) -- Nassau County police are searching for a man wanted in a road rage machete attack Tuesday.
The incident began just before 9 a.m. Monday in Roosevelt.
Police say the 25-year-old victim was operating his vehicle southbound on West Greenwich Avenue when he was cut off by an unknown male Hispanic driving a black Nissan Sentra.
Accurding to authorities, both drivers exited their vehicles and an altercation ensued. The suspect allegedly displayed a machete and struck the victim in the right wrist.
The victim drove himself to an area hospital, where he was treated for severed tendons.
The suspect fled the scene in his car. He is described as approximately 5-foot-5 with a heavy build, and he was last seen wearing a dark wool hat and hooded sweatshirt.
Detectives request anyone with information regarding this crime to contact Nassau County Crime Stoppers at 1-800-244-TIPS. All callers will remain anonymous.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, road rage, roosevelt, long island news
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in hunt for missing jet
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Man in coma after Long Island City hit and run
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Mega Millions jackpot at $309 million after no winner
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' fame dies at 92
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014