Long Island News
Hunt on for suspect in road rage machete attack
ROOSEVELT (WABC) -- Nassau County police are searching for a man wanted in a road rage machete attack Tuesday.
The incident began just before 9 a.m. Monday in Roosevelt.
Police say the 25-year-old victim was operating his vehicle southbound on West Greenwich Avenue when he was cut off by an unknown male Hispanic driving a black Nissan Sentra.
Accurding to authorities, both drivers exited their vehicles and an altercation ensued. The suspect allegedly displayed a machete and struck the victim in the right wrist.
The victim drove himself to an area hospital, where he was treated for severed tendons.
The suspect fled the scene in his car. He is described as approximately 5-foot-5 with a heavy build, and he was last seen wearing a dark wool hat and hooded sweatshirt.
Detectives request anyone with information regarding this crime to contact Nassau County Crime Stoppers at 1-800-244-TIPS. All callers will remain anonymous.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, road rage, roosevelt, long island news
- Massive forest fire burning in NJ; Evacuations ordered 6 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 9-year-old dies in 26-story fall from Bronx high-rise 24 min ago
- Carlstadt fire guts post office; 2 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Carlstadt post office fire
- Heroin antidote Narcan saves 6 in Ocean County
- Woman charged in fatal hit and run in Hempstead
- Baby monitors batteries recalled over burn hazard
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies in NYC
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- Tavern on the Green reopens in Central Park Thursday
- Photos: Sneak peek inside the new Tavern on the Green
- 9-year-old dies in 26-story fall from Bronx...
24 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos