Long Island News
Insurance help offered on Long Island after Sandy
ALBANY, N.Y. -- The New York Department of Financial Services says it will station representatives at four locations on Long Island over the next four days to help residents contact their insurers and get questions answered about their coverage for Superstorm Sandy.
Superintendent Benjamin Lawsky says the agency's mobile command center will be located in Nassau County this weekend, in Freeport on Saturday and in Bellmore on Sunday.
He says it will be in in Suffolk County on Monday and back in Nassau County on Tuesday in Levittown.
The department says it also offers help around the clock through a hotline at 800-339-1759 and has information on its website at http://www.dfs.ny.gov.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, hurricane sandy, long island news
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall 24 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy & Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ shopping center 9 min ago
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Video shows burglar cashing in lotto tickets in Queens
- Long Island school bus driver accused of selling heroin 10 min ago
- New clue in search for Brooklyn carjacking suspect
- Attempted luring incident reported in West Nyack
- Suspect in Myls Dobson murder due in court
- Hoax sends SWAT teams rushing to Long Beach house
- 13-year-old shooting victim released from hospital
- Photos: A look back at the 1964 World's Fair
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
24 min ago
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ...
9 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos