Long Island News
Pedestrian killed by van on Long Island
WEST HEMPSTEAD, New York (WABC) -- Police on New York's Long Island are investigating an accident that killed a 22-year-old pedestrian.
Nassau County police detectives report 22-year-old Johnny Bonilla of West Hempstead was struck by a taxi driver in a Dodge Caravan shortly after 2 a.m. on Thanksgiving Day in West Hempstead.
Detectives say the driver was heading north on Hempstead Avenue and Bonilla was walking in the road. Bonilla was pronounced dead at a hospital.
Authorities say the driver's breathalyzer test was negative, and there is no evidence of criminal conduct. The vehicle was impounded for brake and safety checks.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, long island news
- Police shoot and kill man with special needs
- AccuWeather Forecast: Mild, but rain expected
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Newtown 911 calls released
- Keri Russell's Brooklyn home burglarized
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze'
- Metro-North service back 100-percent on Hudson Line
- abcnews: Truck Carrying Radioactive Material Stolen...
- Police arrest 2 in Long Island menorah vandalism
- Man dies paragliding after hitting ice
- Parents plead for help to save boys from rare disease
- Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash, autopsy finds
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013