Long Island News
Pedestrian killed by van on Long Island
WEST HEMPSTEAD, New York (WABC) -- Police on New York's Long Island are investigating an accident that killed a 22-year-old pedestrian.
Nassau County police detectives report 22-year-old Johnny Bonilla of West Hempstead was struck by a taxi driver in a Dodge Caravan shortly after 2 a.m. on Thanksgiving Day in West Hempstead.
Detectives say the driver was heading north on Hempstead Avenue and Bonilla was walking in the road. Bonilla was pronounced dead at a hospital.
Authorities say the driver's breathalyzer test was negative, and there is no evidence of criminal conduct. The vehicle was impounded for brake and safety checks.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, long island news
- U.S. Air plane makes belly landing at Newark Airport 45 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warm and mild 42 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Connecticut, NTSB officials to tour train crash site 2 min ago
- 2 win Mega Millions, Powerball jumps to $600 million 2 min ago
- 5 people injured, struck by vehicles in the Bronx
- Vigil held for Hofstra shooting victim
- EXCLUSIVE: Hot oil attack speaks out after hospital release
- Bieber will have to pay for German monkey business
- Vito Lopez announces resignation from NY Assembly
- Photos: Belly landing at Newark Airport 39 min ago
- Photos: Metro North trains collide, at least 60...
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- AccuWeather: Warm and mild
42 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos