Time running out for $1-million Powerball winner
RYE (WABC) -- The person holding a Powerball ticket worth $1 million has just one month to claim the prize!
The ticket for the August 25, 2012 drawing was sold at Playland Market, 488 Forest Avenue in Rye, Westchester County.
"We are urging players to check their tickets because someone has a $1 million winning Powerball ticket that will expire on August 25," said Gardner Gurney, Acting Director of the Division of the Lottery. "We're hopeful the lucky winner has already signed the ticket and is making plans to claim it before it's too late."
The winning numbers from the August 25, 2012 Powerball drawing were 1 - 6 - 7 - 20 - 49 Powerball 23.
Prizes can be claimed up to a year after the drawing, which means the lucky winner has one month remaining to collect the $1 million Lottery prize.
Lottery officials recommend that the ticket holder sign the back of the ticket and contact them immediately.
The winner may claim the ticket at any one of the Lottery's seven Customer Service Centers statewide, including Fishkill.
Click here to learn how to redeem a prize.
As is always the case, in the event the prize is not claimed by August 25, the prize money will be returned to the prize pool for future winners. It is sometimes used to subsidize prizes for large jackpots, promotions and/or special one-time games.
Multi-State Lottery Association: http://www.powerball.com
lottery, powerball, local news
- Fire tears through Carlstadt post office
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Carlstadt post office fire
- 9-year-old dies in 26-story fall from Bronx high-rise
- Harlem robber caught on camera using ATM
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan hospital attack
- Yanks pitcher Pineda ejected for substance on neck
- Police search for arson suspect in Brooklyn
- Elderly couple hurt in Queens home invasion
- Abandoned dog rescued and saved by SPCA in Bronxville
- Photos: On World's Fair's 50th a new national...
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos