7 Things to know: Staying cool in hot temperatures
NEW YORK (WABC) -- It's going to be hot, hot, hot around the New York area this week, here are some tips to stay cool.
1) Drink plenty of fluids
2) Stay in air conditioning
3) Stay out of the sun
4) Wear lightweight clothing
5) Avoid too much exertion
6) Check on neighbors and pets
7) Your windows matter. Opt for white window shades, blinds or drapes to reflect heat away from the house
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix 32 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Snow heads into NYC after hitting southern, central NJ 14 min ago
- Is school closed or delayed? Find out fast: Here's how!
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide 15 min ago
- Yaphank church badly damaged by fire
- New York City unveils interactive map of major crimes
- Potential major advancement made in fight against leukemia
- Geno Smith leads Jets to victory over Raiders
- Video: Phil Lipof says goodbye to Eyewitness News
- Broncos' Matt Prater sets NFL record with 64-yard FG
- South Africans pray for Mandela in day of mourning
- Toms River pummeled with snow
55 min ago
- Motorists line up at gas stations, prepare...
15 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix
32 min ago
- NYC Agencies preparing for first snowfall...
27 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos