Powerball winner resolves $30k child support debt
PATERSON, N.J. -- The New Jersey man who just won a $338 million Powerball jackpot has resolved a child support debt.
Pedro Quezada appeared Monday afternoon in state Superior Court in Paterson.
Authorities had said the 44-year-old Passaic resident owed about $29,000 in back support. During the court hearing, officials said Quezada had paid about $30,000 to settle the debt.
Quezada claimed a lump-sum payment last week worth $221 million, or about $152 million after taxes.
The unpaid child support payments dates to 2009. But it's not clear which of Quezada's five children are covered by the payments.
Multi-State Lottery Association: http://www.powerball.com
lottery, powerball, local news
- Bill Bratton named next Police Commissioner 6 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Unseasonably Warm Air
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Who is Bill Bratton? 7 min ago
- Photos: Bill Bratton, next NYPD Police Commissioner 16 min ago
- Hazmat respond to Carteret freight train derailment
- Fast food workers demonstrate to demand higher wages 21 min ago
- Springsteen's 'Born to Run' manuscript at NY auction
- Police shoot and kill man with special needs
- Newtown 911 calls released
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze'
- Photos: Hazmat crews respond to Carteret freight...
- Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash, autopsy finds
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos