Lifestyle & Fun
Woman gets paid to cuddle with strangers
ROCHESTER (WABC) -- It's a business that takes a lot of explaining, and raises more than a few eyebrows - a New York woman is getting paid to cuddle with complete strangers.
Jackie Samuels' Rochester, New York-based business is called the "Snuggery", and for $60, she cuddles with strangers for an hour.
For $300, Samuels spends the night, and to be clear, what she's doing, she insists, is strictly cuddling, hugging and handholding. Samuel stays PG, not rated R or X.
Samuels claims her business yields tangible benefits. It has been scientifically proven that the human touch releases Oxytocin - or happiness chemicals - in our brains.
Samuels says her customers rage from 20 to 85 years old.
lifestyle & fun
- Newtown 911 calls released
- AccuWeather Forecast: Mild Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze'
- Derailment survivor remembers sister who died
- Mayor-elect de Blasio names deputy mayor
- Police shoot and kill man with special needs
- Woman charged with setting minivan fire, kids inside
- abcnews: Truck Carrying Radioactive Material Stolen...
- Parents plead for help to save boys from rare disease
- Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash, autopsy finds
- Bad Dog: Sunny knocks over child at holiday party
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013