Lifestyle & Fun
Woman gets paid to cuddle with strangers
ROCHESTER (WABC) -- It's a business that takes a lot of explaining, and raises more than a few eyebrows - a New York woman is getting paid to cuddle with complete strangers.
Jackie Samuels' Rochester, New York-based business is called the "Snuggery", and for $60, she cuddles with strangers for an hour.
For $300, Samuels spends the night, and to be clear, what she's doing, she insists, is strictly cuddling, hugging and handholding. Samuel stays PG, not rated R or X.
Samuels claims her business yields tangible benefits. It has been scientifically proven that the human touch releases Oxytocin - or happiness chemicals - in our brains.
Samuels says her customers rage from 20 to 85 years old.
lifestyle & fun
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler 54 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody 31 min ago
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Man retrieving item from tracks hit by subway train
- Sparta crash injures woman and 8-year old son
- NYPD policy revised; officers should take stairs in fire
- Animal activists protest outside Liam Neeson's home
- Another delayed GM recall detailed by new documents
- Weekend subway changes affecting 11 lines
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
54 min ago