Lifestyle & Fun
Woman gets paid to cuddle with strangers
ROCHESTER (WABC) -- It's a business that takes a lot of explaining, and raises more than a few eyebrows - a New York woman is getting paid to cuddle with complete strangers.
Jackie Samuels' Rochester, New York-based business is called the "Snuggery", and for $60, she cuddles with strangers for an hour.
For $300, Samuels spends the night, and to be clear, what she's doing, she insists, is strictly cuddling, hugging and handholding. Samuel stays PG, not rated R or X.
Samuels claims her business yields tangible benefits. It has been scientifically proven that the human touch releases Oxytocin - or happiness chemicals - in our brains.
Samuels says her customers rage from 20 to 85 years old.
lifestyle & fun
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway 18 min ago
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- 5 injured when car crashes into Bronx store
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Metro-North worker fatally struck by train in NYC
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp begins
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew on stolen passports
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- NY-native bank robbery suspect nabbed after selfies
- UConn sophomore accuses sorority sisters of hazing
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway
18 min ago