Lifestyle & Fun
Artists murals on security gates of stores
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A new exhibition is placing original art in some unexpected spaces.
Artists are transforming something you probably never even noticed into works of art.
And Derrick Adams hopes his eyes lure you in.
The New York artist works on paper, wood, even fabric, but a security gate is a first for him.
The murals are bold and graphic based since that translates best on the undulating metal.
A sign painting company called Colossal Media made the artists' designs come to life.
All the works speak to the Bowery, an area that's been a popular with artists for generations.
And now the mundane gates usually hideaway stores.
lifestyle & fun
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police investigating double shooting in Brooklyn
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey aims for 2014 return to Mets
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97