Lifestyle & Fun
Video: Sailor returning home surprises daughters
WASHINGTON (WABC) -- A Navy sailor who had been away for seven months gave his two daughters the best surprise gift ever - himself.
Jesse Chapman, stationed on the U.S.S. Stennis, wasn't supposed to come home to Port Orchard in Washington state for another nine days, but he surprised his daughters by visiting their music class.
Nine-year-old Kylie and 7-year-old Rhiannon were overjoyed to be reunited with their dad at South Colby Elementary School.
"I thought I was dreaming," one of his daughters said. "I thought we had nine more days."
The other students didn't seem to mind, even applauding the emotional reunion.
"Every day away from my family is a long wait," Chapman said. "But seven months is a long time."
The girls say they most look forward to dinner with dad, and sitting on his lap again.
lifestyle & fun
- Fire tears through Carlstadt post office
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Carlstadt post office fire
- 9-year-old dies in 26-story fall from Bronx high-rise
- Harlem robber caught on camera using ATM
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan hospital attack
- Yanks pitcher Pineda ejected for substance on neck
- Police search for arson suspect in Brooklyn
- Elderly couple hurt in Queens home invasion
- Abandoned dog rescued and saved by SPCA in Bronxville
- Photos: On World's Fair's 50th a new national...
More Lifestyle and Fun
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos