Lifestyle & Fun
Video: Sailor returning home surprises daughters
WASHINGTON (WABC) -- A Navy sailor who had been away for seven months gave his two daughters the best surprise gift ever - himself.
Jesse Chapman, stationed on the U.S.S. Stennis, wasn't supposed to come home to Port Orchard in Washington state for another nine days, but he surprised his daughters by visiting their music class.
Nine-year-old Kylie and 7-year-old Rhiannon were overjoyed to be reunited with their dad at South Colby Elementary School.
"I thought I was dreaming," one of his daughters said. "I thought we had nine more days."
The other students didn't seem to mind, even applauding the emotional reunion.
"Every day away from my family is a long wait," Chapman said. "But seven months is a long time."
The girls say they most look forward to dinner with dad, and sitting on his lap again.
lifestyle & fun
- Person of interest in custody in Flatbush shooting 59 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Chelsea Clinton announces she is pregnant
- NY cabbie accused of not paying $28,000 in tolls
- Fraternity shuts Ole Miss branch after noose tying
- Police investigating East Harlem hit and run
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Blind marathoner will run to raise money for guide dog
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster 14 min ago
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry...
14 min ago