Lifestyle & Fun
Video: Sailor returning home surprises daughters
WASHINGTON (WABC) -- A Navy sailor who had been away for seven months gave his two daughters the best surprise gift ever - himself.
Jesse Chapman, stationed on the U.S.S. Stennis, wasn't supposed to come home to Port Orchard in Washington state for another nine days, but he surprised his daughters by visiting their music class.
Nine-year-old Kylie and 7-year-old Rhiannon were overjoyed to be reunited with their dad at South Colby Elementary School.
"I thought I was dreaming," one of his daughters said. "I thought we had nine more days."
The other students didn't seem to mind, even applauding the emotional reunion.
"Every day away from my family is a long wait," Chapman said. "But seven months is a long time."
The girls say they most look forward to dinner with dad, and sitting on his lap again.
lifestyle & fun
- Nelson Mandela dies at 95 5 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Unseasonably Warm Air
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Bill Bratton named next Police Commissioner
- Who is Bill Bratton?
- Photos: Bill Bratton, next NYPD Police Commissioner
- Derailment victim, James Ferrari, laid to rest
- Carteret freight train derailment: Turnpike reopens
- Photos: Hazmat crews respond to Carteret freight...
- Alleged assault of Seton Hall student may be captured on video
- Family demands answers in deadly police shooting
- Nigella Lawson again denies heavy drug use
- Graduation day for new class of FDNY firefighters
More Lifestyle and Fun
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos