Lifestyle & Fun
Oscar de la Renta goes family friendly with blog
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Oscar de la Renta first launched a new children's line and now there's a new family friendly lifestyle blog to go along with it.
"It's been amazing, I feel like it's a bit of a breath of fresh air," said Marissa Kraxberger, 'George and Ruby' blogger.
George and Ruby is a new lifestyle blog for moms.
But don't expect stories focusing on typical diaper bag drama, instead the emphasis is on the positive, like ways to help women navigate these sometimes rough waters.
"If you're a mom you know it's hard, you want to hear why it's great," Kraxberger said.
Marissa is the mom behind the blog, she has a daughter Alexa and her youngest Hayden.
She's Head of Creative at Oscar de la Renta, the legendary designer backing this project, which Marissa considers more like a journal.
It's a peak into her busy world, and a platform on which she can share advice with other women.
"I'm doing date night with my husband, and taking my kids to a dragon boat festival, and also having behind the scene footage of a fashion show," Kraxberger said.
In case you're wondering, George and Ruby are part of Oscar's extended family.
After launching his line for children last spring, everyone agreed it made sense to take things one step further, and create a place where women can share information.
"I think it's a lot about collaborating with women out there and featuring other women in similar places as me," Kraxberger said.
Under "Tips and tidbits", you'll find party suggestions, what to serve, and what to do.
Whether it's baking with the little ones or cooking for your friends, the blog is personal and Marissa hopes will convince women, it's OK to love your family and your job.
"Sometimes there won't be a perfect balance but that's alright too, it ebbs and flows and I hope that's what people take away, it's not easy, it's not perfect but it's really great," Kraxberger said.
To read the blog, please visit: www.georgeandruby.com
children, fashion, lifestyle & fun, kemberly richardson
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies 49 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy & Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 'Bachelorette' Contestant dies in paragliding accident
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ shopping center
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Abandoned dog rescued and saved by SPCA in Bronxville 23 min ago
- Long Island school bus driver accused of selling heroin
- Cubs celebrate 100th birthday of Wrigley Field 34 min ago
- New clue in search for Brooklyn carjacking suspect
- Attempted luring incident reported in West Nyack
- Hoax sends SWAT teams rushing to Long Beach house
More Lifestyle and Fun
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos