Lifestyle & Fun
Oscar de la Renta goes family friendly with blog
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Oscar de la Renta first launched a new children's line and now there's a new family friendly lifestyle blog to go along with it.
"It's been amazing, I feel like it's a bit of a breath of fresh air," said Marissa Kraxberger, 'George and Ruby' blogger.
George and Ruby is a new lifestyle blog for moms.
But don't expect stories focusing on typical diaper bag drama, instead the emphasis is on the positive, like ways to help women navigate these sometimes rough waters.
"If you're a mom you know it's hard, you want to hear why it's great," Kraxberger said.
Marissa is the mom behind the blog, she has a daughter Alexa and her youngest Hayden.
She's Head of Creative at Oscar de la Renta, the legendary designer backing this project, which Marissa considers more like a journal.
It's a peak into her busy world, and a platform on which she can share advice with other women.
"I'm doing date night with my husband, and taking my kids to a dragon boat festival, and also having behind the scene footage of a fashion show," Kraxberger said.
In case you're wondering, George and Ruby are part of Oscar's extended family.
After launching his line for children last spring, everyone agreed it made sense to take things one step further, and create a place where women can share information.
"I think it's a lot about collaborating with women out there and featuring other women in similar places as me," Kraxberger said.
Under "Tips and tidbits", you'll find party suggestions, what to serve, and what to do.
Whether it's baking with the little ones or cooking for your friends, the blog is personal and Marissa hopes will convince women, it's OK to love your family and your job.
"Sometimes there won't be a perfect balance but that's alright too, it ebbs and flows and I hope that's what people take away, it's not easy, it's not perfect but it's really great," Kraxberger said.
To read the blog, please visit: www.georgeandruby.com
children, fashion, lifestyle & fun, kemberly richardson
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- Photos: Boston Marathon: One year later
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- 3 dead, 292 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT 39 min ago
- Driver arrested after teens get drunk, trash party bus
- Photos: Teenagers trash party bus
- 3-year-old boy gets stuck in Nebraska claw machine 34 min ago
More Lifestyle and Fun
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos