Lifestyle & Fun
Many wedding dresses feature 1920's style
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A trend in wedding dresses right now has styles dating back to the 1920s.
You can thank, in part, the upcoming release of "The Great Gatsby" movie.
So what do these dresses look like, and how can you pull them off on any budget?
It was a time of opulence, revelry and love and when it comes to fashion, the new version of the film, "The Great Gatsby", nails it.
Off screen, in the World of Bridal, you can relive the 1920's and 1930's.
In Mark Ingram Atelier, the lace, beading and art deco designed gowns, bring you back to that era.
These gowns are hands down, pieces of artwork, Mark points out dresses that, rather than duplicate, are nods to year around the Roaring Twenties.
It's near and dear to his heart, he has photos of his grandparents in Harlem in1928 and his great aunt in 1922.
They feature a flutter sleeve and intricate embroidery across the back.
But if this luxurious look isn't for you, Mark suggests, choosing a simpler gown and adding pieces that will give a hint of Gatsby.
At David's Bridal it's also clear this trend is here to stay.
A one-shoulder show stopper is part of the fall 2013 collection, and makes you think speakeasy.
Then there is another gown, and it has the lace applied by hand with cascading ruffles down the back.
Whether it's a garden wedding on Long Island or a billionaire dollar bash on a yacht, many women are embracing this era when rules were broken.
For more information please visit: www.markingramatelier.com
fashion, wedding, lifestyle & fun, kemberly richardson
- Malaysia Airlines plane vanishes with 239 aboard
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower 51 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard 59 min ago
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
51 min ago
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
59 min ago
More Lifestyle and Fun
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos