Lifestyle & Fun
7 Blocks on the Upper East Side and 77th street
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Taking a look around the 7 Blocks on the Upper East Side near Lenox Hill Hospital.
Next stop, 77st and Lexington Avenue on the Upper East Side and when you step into the neighborhood surrounding this stop, you're steps away from New York City landmarks.
To begin, you are at the stop for Lenox Hill Hospital.
Lenox Hill is a teaching hospital that was established in 1857, originally under the name as the German dispensary.
Two blocks from the stop is the Whitney Museum of American Art.
The Whitney places an emphasis on exhibiting the work of current artists along with maintaining a permanent collection of important pieces from the 19th century. An exhibit dedicated to the blues is there until April 28th.
"Whitney museum is often called the artist museum and that is exactly how we situated our selves," said Chrissie Iles, Curator at the meseum.
Two blocks from the stop is Madison Ave where some of the world's top designer sell their wares and one block is Park Ave., where you will find some of the country's most expensive homes.
If a night of sophistication is what you're after, then New York's quintessential nightclub is also two blocks away.
Debbie Boone is currently wowing the crowds there, but the club has been a favorite of Woody Allen and of course Bobby Short, who has corner named after him.
But when it comes to satisfying the tummy, then many locals will point you to the pastrami queen just a block from the stop.
They have plenty to choose from here, but customers come from near and far to eat their pastrami sandwiches.
eyewitness news at 4 p.m., seven blocks, in your neighborhood, lifestyle & fun, david novarro
- Firefighters struggle to contain NJ forest fires
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Brush fire in Beachwood, New Jersey
- NYPD officer charged with DWI after shooting partner
- Yanks pitcher Michael Pineda suspended 10 games
- Man brutalizes women with hammer in Astoria apartment
- Justin Bieber being held at LAX
- NYU investigating pro-Palestine 'eviction' fliers
- 9-year-old dies in fall from Bronx high-rise
- Suspect charged with throwing Molotov Cocktail into deli
- Tavern on the Green reopens in Central Park Thursday
- Photos: Sneak peek inside the new Tavern on the Green