Lifestyle & Fun
7 Blocks on the Upper East Side and 77th street
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Taking a look around the 7 Blocks on the Upper East Side near Lenox Hill Hospital.
Next stop, 77st and Lexington Avenue on the Upper East Side and when you step into the neighborhood surrounding this stop, you're steps away from New York City landmarks.
To begin, you are at the stop for Lenox Hill Hospital.
Lenox Hill is a teaching hospital that was established in 1857, originally under the name as the German dispensary.
Two blocks from the stop is the Whitney Museum of American Art.
The Whitney places an emphasis on exhibiting the work of current artists along with maintaining a permanent collection of important pieces from the 19th century. An exhibit dedicated to the blues is there until April 28th.
"Whitney museum is often called the artist museum and that is exactly how we situated our selves," said Chrissie Iles, Curator at the meseum.
Two blocks from the stop is Madison Ave where some of the world's top designer sell their wares and one block is Park Ave., where you will find some of the country's most expensive homes.
If a night of sophistication is what you're after, then New York's quintessential nightclub is also two blocks away.
Debbie Boone is currently wowing the crowds there, but the club has been a favorite of Woody Allen and of course Bobby Short, who has corner named after him.
But when it comes to satisfying the tummy, then many locals will point you to the pastrami queen just a block from the stop.
They have plenty to choose from here, but customers come from near and far to eat their pastrami sandwiches.
eyewitness news at 4 p.m., seven blocks, in your neighborhood, lifestyle & fun, david novarro
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx 6 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Victim in possible NYC 'knockout game' attack speaks out
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze to be laid to rest 22 min ago
- Demolition underway after NJ fire; Questions linger 1 min ago
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- Sketch released of suspect in Queens attempted luring
- Baby critical after DWI firefighter hits pregnant woman
- Man stiffs livery cab driver, punches him in the face
- Obama's warnings brushed aside by Russia's Vladimir Putin
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Demolition underway after NJ fire;...
1 min ago
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze to...
22 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos