Lifestyle & Fun
Lingerie Fashion Week comes to New York City
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Monica Wesley is sketching a look for next season. Her line is called Uye Surana.
"It just slips over the head and it's very wearable," she said.
A leather and silk bra, denim and silk knickers - they're looks she'll be showing in the first ever Lingerie Fashion Week.
"I think it's a really great opportunity for the lingerie and apparel industry," she said.
Lauren Rich, a publicist for many lingerie companies, created Lingerie Fashion Week, happening on the heels of New York Fashion Week.
Hundreds of designers participate, and many such as Melissa Franchi are New York based.
"For this season, we're going to be showing about eight looks," Franchi said.
Her line is called Naveah.
"Our whole thing is to create a luxury product you can wear day into night," she explained, pointing out Swarovski crystal embellishments. She's hoping her presentation will give the world of undergarments some much needed exposure.
To learn more about Lingerie Fashion Week, please visit The Lingerie Journal.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
fashion, fashion week, lingerie, lingerie fashion week, lifestyle & fun, lauren glassberg
- Possible 'knockout' attack victim speaks out
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Firefighters sent to wrong location in Jersey City fire
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- 2 firefighters injured in Bronx bodega fire
- Search for owner of severely malnourished dog
- Cardinal Dolan supports universal pre-k
- Cars burglarized at gyms in Wyckoff and Ridgewood
- Man speaks about shooting would-be burglar
- FDNY battery giveaway for smoke, CO detectors
- Photos: Mariano Rivera's career in pictures
- Spinning class and karaoke all in one
More Lifestyle and Fun
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos