Lifestyle & Fun
Lingerie Fashion Week comes to New York City
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Monica Wesley is sketching a look for next season. Her line is called Uye Surana.
"It just slips over the head and it's very wearable," she said.
A leather and silk bra, denim and silk knickers - they're looks she'll be showing in the first ever Lingerie Fashion Week.
"I think it's a really great opportunity for the lingerie and apparel industry," she said.
Lauren Rich, a publicist for many lingerie companies, created Lingerie Fashion Week, happening on the heels of New York Fashion Week.
Hundreds of designers participate, and many such as Melissa Franchi are New York based.
"For this season, we're going to be showing about eight looks," Franchi said.
Her line is called Naveah.
"Our whole thing is to create a luxury product you can wear day into night," she explained, pointing out Swarovski crystal embellishments. She's hoping her presentation will give the world of undergarments some much needed exposure.
To learn more about Lingerie Fashion Week, please visit The Lingerie Journal.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
fashion, fashion week, lingerie, lingerie fashion week, lifestyle & fun, lauren glassberg
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads 6 min ago
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder 24 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- Driver arrested after teens get drunk, trash party bus
- Photos: Teenagers trash party bus
- Photos released of man wanted for harassing teen Muslim girl
- NYPD to end Muslim surveillance program
- MLB marks 67th anniversary of Jackie Robinson debut
- Miley Cyrus skips concert, is hospitalized
- Boston marks 1 year since deadly Marathon bombings
- Dog saved from burning home in Brooklyn by FDNY
- 13-year-old bystander shot in head in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
24 min ago
More Lifestyle and Fun
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos