Lifestyle & Fun
Lingerie Fashion Week comes to New York City
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Monica Wesley is sketching a look for next season. Her line is called Uye Surana.
"It just slips over the head and it's very wearable," she said.
A leather and silk bra, denim and silk knickers - they're looks she'll be showing in the first ever Lingerie Fashion Week.
"I think it's a really great opportunity for the lingerie and apparel industry," she said.
Lauren Rich, a publicist for many lingerie companies, created Lingerie Fashion Week, happening on the heels of New York Fashion Week.
Hundreds of designers participate, and many such as Melissa Franchi are New York based.
"For this season, we're going to be showing about eight looks," Franchi said.
Her line is called Naveah.
"Our whole thing is to create a luxury product you can wear day into night," she explained, pointing out Swarovski crystal embellishments. She's hoping her presentation will give the world of undergarments some much needed exposure.
To learn more about Lingerie Fashion Week, please visit The Lingerie Journal.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
fashion, fashion week, lingerie, lingerie fashion week, lifestyle & fun, lauren glassberg
- Fire tears through Carlstadt post office 8 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool 37 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Carlstadt post office fire 11 min ago
- Boy found dead on building scaffolding in Bronx
- Yanks pitcher Pineda ejected for substance on neck
- Police search for arson suspect in Brooklyn
- Elderly couple hurt in Queens home invasion
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies
- 'Bachelorette' Contestant dies in paragliding accident
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Abandoned dog rescued and saved by SPCA in Bronxville
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
37 min ago
More Lifestyle and Fun
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos