Lifestyle & Fun
Lingerie Fashion Week comes to New York City
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Monica Wesley is sketching a look for next season. Her line is called Uye Surana.
"It just slips over the head and it's very wearable," she said.
A leather and silk bra, denim and silk knickers - they're looks she'll be showing in the first ever Lingerie Fashion Week.
"I think it's a really great opportunity for the lingerie and apparel industry," she said.
Lauren Rich, a publicist for many lingerie companies, created Lingerie Fashion Week, happening on the heels of New York Fashion Week.
Hundreds of designers participate, and many such as Melissa Franchi are New York based.
"For this season, we're going to be showing about eight looks," Franchi said.
Her line is called Naveah.
"Our whole thing is to create a luxury product you can wear day into night," she explained, pointing out Swarovski crystal embellishments. She's hoping her presentation will give the world of undergarments some much needed exposure.
To learn more about Lingerie Fashion Week, please visit The Lingerie Journal.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
fashion, fashion week, lingerie, lingerie fashion week, lifestyle & fun, lauren glassberg
- Robinson Cano to sign with Mariners 1 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Surveillance video released in "Baby Angel" case 42 min ago
- UPS facility fire damages packages on Long Island 43 min ago
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela 46 min ago
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Police search for suspect in Brooklyn shooting
- Long Island Rail Road massacre, 20 years later
- Photos: Long Island Rail Road massacre
- World Cup teams hoping for luck of the draw
- Bob Dylan's Newport electric guitar for sale
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
46 min ago