Lifestyle & Fun
A nonsurgical way to lift and tone skin
FLATIRON (WABC) -- Sandi Bachom is hoping laser skin lift surgery will change the look of her eyes among other things.
The 68 year old went to Dr. David Colbert's Office for Ultherapy. It is the only non-invasive FDA-approved procedure to actually lift skin in certain areas.
Dr. Colbert targeted Sandi's brow during this visit. During a previous visit, she had her neck done.
"Around my sixties, I started to see it change and I started wearing turtle necks like year round," she said.
The procedure is used to address the same areas targeted with cosmetic surgery, but here no cutting.
Instead, Dr. Colbert explains, ultrasound stimulates the body's natural production of collagen.
The idea is to recondition and strengthen the skin from the inside out.
"It sends those sound waves down through the skin and fat, to muscle layer underneath and it tightens those muscles and shrinks them like shrinking a wool cashmere sweater," Dr. Colbert explained.
The unique part is Dr. Colbert can customize this procedure, depending on what sections need to be lifted and how much. These numbers on this screen are his guide, corresponding to how many passes he's doing on each section.
Other patients who have undergone Ultherapy say they witnessed immediate results, which improved over the next two to three months.
For more information about Ultherapy online, please visit www.colbertmd.com.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
ultherapy, laser surgery, lifestyle & fun, kemberly richardson
- JFK baggage handlers charged with theft 14 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx 56 min ago
- Mount Vernon responds to racist tweets by Mahopac players 17 min ago
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze laid to rest
- Demolition underway after NJ fire; Questions linger
- Arrests in counterfeit health and beauty products case 4 min ago
- Bridget Kelly fights order to give up Bridgegate records
- Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Lonely Michigan boy gets GMA surprise party
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay 11 min ago
More Lifestyle and Fun
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos