Lifestyle & Fun
Thai couple sets longest kiss record
PATTAYA, Thailand (WABC) -- For the second time in three years, a Thai couple has set a new record for the longest kiss, locking their lips for 58 hours, 35 minutes and 58 seconds in a Valentine's Day "kissathon."
Ekkachai and Laksana Tiranarat from Bangkok emerged victorious Thursday in what organizers said was the longest recorded smooch in history. The milestone must still be verified by officials from Guinness World Records.
The pair, who also won the annual contest in 2011, received a 100,000 baht ($3,300) cash prize and two diamond rings.
The event began Tuesday with nine couples. The contestants were not allowed to sit, rest or sleep. They also had to go to the bathroom together with their lips locked.
Last year's record, set by two Thai men, was about 50½ hours.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
lifestyle & fun
- Bill Bratton named next Police Commissioner
- AccuWeather Forecast: Unseasonably Warm Air
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Who is Bill Bratton?
- Photos: Bill Bratton, next NYPD Police Commissioner
- FSU's Jameis Winston not charged in sex assault case 45 min ago
- Carteret freight train derailment: Turnpike reopens
- Alleged assault of Seton Hall student may be captured on video
- Fast food workers demonstrate to demand higher wages
- Police shoot and kill man with special needs
- Newtown 911 calls released
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze'
- Photos: Hazmat crews respond to Carteret freight...
More Lifestyle and Fun
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos