Lifestyle & Fun
Thai couple sets longest kiss record
PATTAYA, Thailand (WABC) -- For the second time in three years, a Thai couple has set a new record for the longest kiss, locking their lips for 58 hours, 35 minutes and 58 seconds in a Valentine's Day "kissathon."
Ekkachai and Laksana Tiranarat from Bangkok emerged victorious Thursday in what organizers said was the longest recorded smooch in history. The milestone must still be verified by officials from Guinness World Records.
The pair, who also won the annual contest in 2011, received a 100,000 baht ($3,300) cash prize and two diamond rings.
The event began Tuesday with nine couples. The contestants were not allowed to sit, rest or sleep. They also had to go to the bathroom together with their lips locked.
Last year's record, set by two Thai men, was about 50½ hours.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
lifestyle & fun
- Dozens killed in Oklahoma tornado
- Oklahoma Tornado: How You Can Help, Get Help 2 min ago
- NYPD detective accused of hacking, spying on associates 55 min ago
- Metro North New Haven Line to be back Wednesday
- Ex-priest arrested after working with kids in NJ
- Wake to be held for slain Hofstra student as questions linger
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma 24 min ago
- blog: Mirror Ball Blog: Dancing with the Stars
- Photos: Dancing with the Stars Finals
- Photos: Most Wanted: Yonkers Police Department
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- AccuWeather: Warm And Humid
21 min ago
- Oklahoma tornado death toll revised to 24,...
26 min ago