Lifestyle & Fun
Thai couple sets longest kiss record
PATTAYA, Thailand (WABC) -- For the second time in three years, a Thai couple has set a new record for the longest kiss, locking their lips for 58 hours, 35 minutes and 58 seconds in a Valentine's Day "kissathon."
Ekkachai and Laksana Tiranarat from Bangkok emerged victorious Thursday in what organizers said was the longest recorded smooch in history. The milestone must still be verified by officials from Guinness World Records.
The pair, who also won the annual contest in 2011, received a 100,000 baht ($3,300) cash prize and two diamond rings.
The event began Tuesday with nine couples. The contestants were not allowed to sit, rest or sleep. They also had to go to the bathroom together with their lips locked.
Last year's record, set by two Thai men, was about 50½ hours.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
lifestyle & fun
- At least 2 dead, 14 hurt in East Harlem explosion 2 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: East Harlem explosion 1 min ago
- raw video: Viewer video from East Harlem explosion site 14 min ago
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- Crime down across New York City, except in parks
- Trial begins for New Jersey man accused of killing daughter
- NYC rape-murder cannibal conspiracy trial headed to jury
- New Jersey bank robber caught after forgetting keys
- Elderly jaywalker roughed up during arrest due in court
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- No winner: Mega Millions jackpot surges to $353 million